Not excited or nervous...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not excited or nervous...

Tomorrow is the day! He's finally here after 7 months apart...but here's the problem: I'm not excited or nervous. I just feel numb. I think it may be that it just doesn't feel real that he's actually going to be here, but I'm a little concerned that I'm not feeling anything about it. Has anyone else ever experienced this before a visit?

Oh, I've definitely felt that way. When you condition yourself to focus taking things step by step and to make sure you take the distance as it comes, it feels so surreal when suddenly, you don't just see each other through webcam. Don't worry about it, I think it's a very normal feeling to have! Things will feel much more real and positive once it'll sink in that it's for real and that you're together.

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Yes, I experienced that numbness our second visit once we were LD. I felt numb the day before, not at all excited although not sad about seeing my partner and even when I saw him in person that visit, my mind wasn't all "oh my gosh! he's there!!!" It was more like "oh gosh, I almost didn't recognize him and he looks the same. He's cute. Is he cute enough?" and then that first hour together the happy emotions came back. It was not a rush of emotion, but the feelings came back 100%. Maybe sometimes it just takes a while after not getting to be with them in person for a long time. We were CD the first 5 months and then had our first visit (10 days) after 3 months apart and our second visit (2 weeks) after another 4 months.
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Thank you for the replies! I'm about to go and pick up him and both excitement and nerves are hitting!! I take that as a good sign!

Comment

Yup! Don't worry. I hope you have a fantastic time together

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Have a fantastic time!
            I think loads of us know the feeling - I'm usually also pretty calm until I'm either standing in the airport picking him up and the screen tells me the plane has landed, or until I land and go through passport control.
            happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only you remember to turn on the light

Comment

Working...
            X