Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hotels/places to stay in London

Hello everyone
    74 days till me and my girlfriend finally meet properly here in the UK, we are planning on spending a few nights in London so we can go sightseeing etc and just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for hotels etc? Just I've not been to London properly before and I have no idea where to start!!!

Thanks
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

I'd reccomend airbnb. I've never really liked any of the hotels that I stayed in while in Euroupe. But I've loved every single airbnb experience I've had.

Comment

Hotels in London are expensive and not of the best standard. I loved everything about London exept the hotel. Try to get something close to public transport, then you'll get around more easy. I will reccomend going on one of the tours if you are into sightseeing, Camden Market is interesting too.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Nice hotels in London are very expensive, it's cheaper to stay on the outskirts and get the tube/bus into the centre. I did stay in a fantastic one in North London a few years ago when I'm on the computer and not my phone I'll see if I can find the details.

Comment

I got an amazing deal a few years ago, my ex wanted to see the Terracotta Army at the British Museum. I searched online and found a really good package and we stayed at The Tower Hotel right by the Tower of London and Tower Bridge. It was really magical, the bridge looks amazing lit up at night. It was 100 yards from the tube, very central and you can get a river bus up the Thames.

Just be prepared that UK hotels are a lot smaller than those in USA, London is busy, crowded and dirty. Rush hour on the tube us horrendous, and people can be very rude.

Remember there is more to England than London, we have some breathtaking coastline and countryside here. If you have time, visit other places too. I hope you enjoy your stay here!!!

Comment

Sorry!!! Misread, thought the post was from the person in the states, silly me. Brain not in gear today lol!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys we don't mind staying on the outskirts obviously if it's chraper, we will probably avoid rush hour as much as possible, we are staying in London for 4 nights then I'm bringing the gf back to Yorkshire with me so she can meet my family and friends etc I'm taking her to my local beach as she lives like hours away from the nearest one to her so that will be nice.
              First met - June 2014
              Became official - 14 October 2014
              First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
              I visited Arizona - June 2015
              I visited Arizona- November 2015
              2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
              December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
              May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

Working...
              X