Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4000+ miles apart, 2 years together. Planning a trip to him.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4000+ miles apart, 2 years together. Planning a trip to him.

Okay so he's in America and I'm near the UK. We're both students and I have a small part-time job and I'm trying to save money up to go see him because it's going to be undoubtedly expensive. I live on a small island just off of France near the UK and I've never been in any big airports by myself or anything. Any tips on how I can get through getting two connecting flights and still being relaxed enough to meet him when I get off of the plane? I'm really nervous so I'd appreciate pretty much anything you guys could offer because he hasn't ever even been on a plane and when I have it's been either with family or school. Nor have I ever been as far as America but he's completely worth it. Thank you for any advice you're able to offer me! ^-^ <3

I posted a similar question in a recent thread, and got some great advice! Take a look: https://members.lovingfromadistance....Quick-question!

I'm not sure how things differ in the Channel Islands, however. I've been past there on the way to France. Beautiful place!

Comment

Hey!

I also had to take 2 transit flights before arriving at my SO's location and I was pretty nervous too! I flew from Porto to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to London Heathrow and from London to Montreal. All my connections were pretty tight, 1h30m each... and it was hell. Why? My plane arrived in London 1 hour later! I had to go through security again and basically RUN FOR MY LIFE to my gate! I arrived at my gate 3 minutes before its closure... I remember the plane taking off and I was still catching my breath. When I arrived in Montreal my luggage wasn't there, it was delayed in London because since my connections were pretty tight they didn't have enough time to transfer it to the other airplane. Air Canada gave me a bag with a lot of hygienic products and 200$ compensation since it took 2 days to arrive!

I don't know how long your connections are but from my experience I think you'll be just fine. All the airports in Europe have all the indications you need (in USA and Canada it's a pain in the ass) and if you need any assistance just talk with staff in the airport, I've done it in London and Montreal. If you tell me your flight details maybe I'll be able to give you a few tips if you want!

Good luck!

Comment

Hi!
        So I had a similar situation when going to Australia to visit my SO. I had connecting flights and I was so nervous. We didn't talk or see each other for a couple days because we wanted it to be a special meeting. The first flight was okay. It hadn't really hit me that I was visiting him. Then the flight to Australia made me realize that this was finally happening! I was so nervous, especially getting off the plane and going through customs. It took forever to find my bag though, since there were a lot of people. When I finally got it and went to the meeting area, I didn't know how to act. I walked straight ahead hoping to see him, but seeing him for the first time was amazing. I think it's really nerve-racking going to another country when you haven't travelled much, (I hadn't even gone overseas before until that day). But honestly, the meeting is amazing! I hope everything goes well for you!
        P.S.
        We got someone to film us meeting for the first time, so if that's possible for you guys, I'd highly suggest it. It's such a special memory to look back on

Comment

I made a business trip to Japan last year and I found the airport websites were VERY helpful in figuring out IN ADVANCE where I needed to go! Just Google the name of the airport and you'll find it.
          My ticker will go here one of these days...

Comment

Working...
          X