We don't know when we'll see us again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't know when we'll see us again.

I was planning to move to my girl's place and do an internship in her town. It looked quite good, but communication with the HR manager suddenly stopped. I was looking forward to move in with the girl I love, at a place I like, doing work I am passionate about. Having a great opportunity to spend a whole year there. Not so much hopes right now.

I finished my studies and did quite well. So I am looking at job and phd opportunities in my home country. It feels weird, because I know that with any project I would be working in, it should last for the next four years - with little time and money for travelling. There are these great opportunities and I am almost afraid of applying for them. The fact that it is the longest we went without being together after becoming a couple also adds some sadness.
    We work on visiting us again soon. However, the situtation does not really allow us to make plans in the next two month.

I just had to write that. Some words of encouragement are welcome and appreciated, but not necessary.

Just be strong. You can do it. Who knows what will pop up in the future!

Comment

When you say communication with the HR manager just stopped, how long has it been? Have you been calling/e-mailing and not hearing anything back?

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianGirl View Post
        When you say communication with the HR manager just stopped, how long has it been? Have you been calling/e-mailing and not hearing anything back?
        I was about to ask this. You should try contacting them.

Comment

I have two yet unanswered Emails. It is about 3-4 weeks.
          They used to answer within 2 days.

Comment

Bug them more, then. Try calling and explaining the situation.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Oh yeah, for sure be a little more assertive about it. I've had similar things happen to me, and I've had to call until I had an actual person to talk to.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

They answered... It's a NO.

Comment

That is too bad. It is very unfortunate when these things happen.

I guess as a couple it is time for thw two of you to look at alternative ways to keep in touch and possably close the distance. Lots of scenarios could be possible if you start looking for them. I would have never thought we would visit like this, make possible future plans like this. Have faith.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

trying to you

Comment

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I'd like to let you know that I am thinking of flying over next month for a visit and also there is an opportunity for her to continue her project in my country (different city though). I don't know for how long, but she told me that she would cancel her apartment... in less than two month!
                      Exciting times ahead!

Comment

Sounds promising

Comment

My SO and I live in separate states. We lived in the same town for almost 4 years before he moved. He's been gone for 7 months, seen each other 2x. Due to our schedules and money, no clue when we'll see each other again. I for sure can't visit again this year. Was going to move to him, but financial reasons make that impossible this year (among other things). Long distance sucks. Hope you're able to figure something out :-(

Comment

Thank you xcherrypoopx. I hope you can figure something out.
                            I am actually at her place right now!

Comment

not knowing when you'll see each other again sucks big times. me and my SO have seen each other last month, and now, we have no clue what's going to happen next- we both have summer jobs, then uni starts, and tickets are so much more expensive for summer. Also our uni have totally different schedules, so long visits are out. I hope for christmas, but that seems soo long time to wait! and due to time difference we won't be able to skype during weekdays, just the weekends, so that will take some time getting used to (now we have more free time and skype like crazy every day). I have the feeling that next months will be tough, but if we'll make it- then we can make everything work!

Just keep your fingers crossed and don't give up! (Even when you are the biggest non-believer in LDR, like I am/was)!

Comment

Working...
                              X