He finally did it! He'll be here in 98 days... if he gets it together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He finally did it! He'll be here in 98 days... if he gets it together

So my boyfriend finally booked his flight! He lives in the Netherlands and I live here in the USA, and he finally booked his flight!
    I can't wait for him to be here. It'll be only 98 days!
    But I am a little worried since he should have already applied for this password and refuses to do so until the last possible moment. :/
    I'm not happy about it but I don't want to nag him about doing it. On the other hand I will be extremely pissed if he doesn't get to come here because of his laziness when it comes to paperwork.
    Do you guys have any ideas on how I can convince him to get his sh!t together?

Other than that I'm extremely excited. It will be his first time to the US!!

I am waiting for my US passport so I can understand your frustration. I have already purchased tickets for my flight to the Philippines next month and I'm eagerly awaiting for my passport to arrive. I paid extra to speed up the process. If I were your boyfriend I would want to get all the paperwork out of the way as quickly as possible to avoid any problems that might arise...I know my airfare isn't refundable so if there is a problem I'd want to catch it early. But 98 days is quite awhile. Dutch passports currently take approximately four weeks to process from what I've read online. I'd just let him know you want him to get the paperwork done and over with so you can have peace of mind. He should be able to understand that and do that much for you.

Comment

Thanks so much! He keeps telling me it'll only take two weeks and he is definitely the kind that just waits and waits until the last moment! I'll try telling him again. And yes, waiting for my U.S passport was absolutely terrible!!!

Comment

Hope he gets that sorted soon, how exciting though...woohoo!

Comment

My SO is waiting to get his passport renewed. Initially he paid the extra fee to have the process sped up (done in 4-5 weeks instead of 8 I think). Three months later he had it returned saying the photos were unacceptable. He's now got it in the for second time (usual wait time) and it's been another 3 months, although this time they have phoned him to apologise for the wait because apparently they got really busy over Christmas. It's driving me crazy, because we can literally do nothing until he gets it.

I'm sure it's usually not so bad, but for whatever reason it's just taking forever. Best to get it done earlier than later, especially having already booked the flights which is the complete wrong way to do it, and I'd advise against it every time. Wishing you the best of luck though
          Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
          First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
          X