Slow going but SO getting a passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow going but SO getting a passport

It's so slow moving towards next time he will be here but at least he finally has passport pictures taken and will have his new passport ready for travel. Also he has already told his family that he will not be around in May. He is learning Finnish through some online program, 15 new words a day! That is slow going in learning a new language but it's in the right direction. He has a uni degree in a very difficult Asian language and he knows how to study languages. He is determined to learn it and he started this on his own to prepare his visit here in May.

Of course there are a lot of ifs and buts still but after 3y 1+months we have no doubt about the future. Although he is not single yet I know for sure where his heart is. He has now moved to be with his parents. His Dad is very old and sick but stable now. Same with Mom. He's dealing with brother's drinking. But yesterday, the first time I talked to him after moving, he was happy and positive. We've started reading positive quotes every day together. When one of us is down we cheer each other up. He lives with his Mom temporarily now but has an office nearby. He has several contacts with Finnish companies and he's very determined to arrange meetings here so he can have tax benefits to partially pay for his trip but also good contacts for his future here. He is a consultant and in his field it's possible to work in English so hopefully that will work out. We have not talked about closing the distance yet but time is dragging and I want to do the talking soon. Probably when he is here unless there is a good opportunity before. We still don't know how to bring him here unless we will marry but none of that has been talked about yet seriously. Although he might say something about husband and wife when we refer to the future.

I guess marriage will be the easiest route once he is divorced. Still, he needs to find a job anyway, so work visa is also a good option.

Learning language online can be very useful especially if you learn grammar as well. If he comes on a longer stay, there might be local intensive language courses to take as well.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
    X