What are your stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are your stories?

I'm going to be experiencing that first meeting in a little over two months, and it has been on my mind a lot. I love hearing about other couples first meetings. It kind of gives me just a little bit of insight on what it'll be like for my SO and I, or at least makes it just a little easier to imagine. Haha. So what's your story? I would love to hear it. What was it like? Where did you meet up? Was it awkward, or fun, exciting, etc? What kind of stuff did you both do in your time together?

If you're willing to share your stories, I would love to read them.

-Ashley
    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

I flew over from England and was in the US for 2 weeks. I had to get a bus from new york to where he lives which is a few states over, so it took about 20 hours with transfers. He finished work and we met at the subway as thats where the bus stop was and it was collllddd, I was not waiting outside. It was perfect, we cuddled and sat there talking for a little before heading back. The whole 2 weeks went way too fast and felt like a dream. Can't wait until our second trip as I am going for 6 weeks this time.

That first trip is so nerve wracking! It'll be great good luck
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

If you do a search, you'll find hundreds of stories already posted on the forum here.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        If you do a search, you'll find hundreds of stories already posted on the forum here.
        Yeah, I kind of figured that. But I also thought this thread would maybe be a good way for me to kind of connect with the forum. I have been lurking and posting a bit here and there, but haven't really found a way to join the crowd. Thought this thread might help.

Sorry if it's just a bother though. Not trying to be that way.
        ~~~ ~~~

Comment

Best first kiss ever. Look forward to that, it will be amazing no matter what. This past trip was amazing. I was worried I'd be a little uncomfortable around him since it'd been so long but it just came to us.

Comment

I agree. That first kiss was amazing. But the first good bye was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I miss him.

Comment

Don't feel bad if at first it is awkward. People can be shy so when you first see each other it might be awkward hellos, but once someone can push past that and initiate a hug, or a kiss, it tends to fall into place and feel natural after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ella85 View Post
                I agree. That first kiss was amazing. But the first good bye was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I miss him.
                Yeah... im already dreading the goodbye. Mostly because I have no idea when I will get to see him again. But I'm still so excited. (:
                ~~~ ~~~

Comment

I loved it. I flew over for 4 weeks before Christmas. He met me at the airport and we hugged for like 10 minutes. I fell asleep in the car on the way back to his and he stroked my hair and kissed my head it was so cute. By the time we got back to his I felt a bit better, we walked in and just stared at each other. It was so surreal, we didn't know what to do. That was until all of a sudden he told me to look a certain way but i turned the wrong way and the kiss he was aiming to plant landed on my cheek instead. It just made it funny and we relaxed instantly.

Obviously I was visiting when it was a tad snowy and cold and he didn't have any transport of his own so we went on walks, we went to the next town over and to a really big mall a couple of towns over. We just enjoyed spending the time together.

The first visit is amazing and yeah the goodbye is hard but so long as you start thinking of when the next time will be it isn't nearly so hard.
                  You'll have a great time
                  Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
                  Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
                  Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
                  His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
                  Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
                  Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
                  Married: June 29th 2018
                  Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

This is the thing I promised myself I wouldn't do to myself. I want to plan the next trip before I leave in the summer. I am hoping to save enough to come spend xmas with him. I also know that next summer is a definate but I am hoping he can come visit in between then as I would really like to introduce him to my family.

I also agree with bubblehits: yes exactly it!! Looking forward to the next time. Which is why for me it's so important to be talking about the next time before the end of the trip as it makes leaving him slightly more bearable if I know when I am going to see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblehits View Post
                      I loved it. I flew over for 4 weeks before Christmas. He met me at the airport and we hugged for like 10 minutes. I fell asleep in the car on the way back to his and he stroked my hair and kissed my head it was so cute. By the time we got back to his I felt a bit better, we walked in and just stared at each other. It was so surreal, we didn't know what to do. That was until all of a sudden he told me to look a certain way but i turned the wrong way and the kiss he was aiming to plant landed on my cheek instead. It just made it funny and we relaxed instantly.

Obviously I was visiting when it was a tad snowy and cold and he didn't have any transport of his own so we went on walks, we went to the next town over and to a really big mall a couple of towns over. We just enjoyed spending the time together.

The first visit is amazing and yeah the goodbye is hard but so long as you start thinking of when the next time will be it isn't nearly so hard.
                      You'll have a great time
                      Aww.... that's sweet. I'm glad you guys had such a great time together.
                      ~~~ ~~~

Comment

The long version I have told somewhere before. Here is the short one: I felt so strange travelling to him since it was the first time ever I planned a trip out of the country by myself but mostly I was just exited to make the trip happen. When I met him after some misunderstandings about time I thought he looked so short (I had forgotten that I am taller than him)! But his skin felt the same as I remembered. He did not want to kiss me in front of people so my first, short kiss on the trip was in front of an empty bus stop Then we had an akward scene which we now laugh a lot about where he did not even dear to look at me at the bus from the airport because our hot new love vibes were getting the attention of an elderly lady giving SO bad looks! Then he dragged me along streets I had never been - it had become off season so he was staying with friends in the neighbooring city to where we had met - and insisted on buying me allergy cookies in the local store, which I found odd. When we arrived at the friends flat there was lots of people, hot food (I was super hungry!) and big cakes (that I could not eat because of allergy but they were really pretty), and all of a sudden there were celebrating my birthday one month early! A great way to welcome me to 'real' Turkey... And then I had no time alone with him and a lot of friendly and nosy people commenting on my looks and asking me personal questions which I did not feel offended by. I think they left at 2 in the night... then we shared champagne and a real first kiss. The whole thing felt very surreal but in a good way.
                        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think I might have mentioned our story somewhere once before, but tbh I don't remember.

My friend and I went to London this past September, before my s/o and I started dating. At the time, my s/o was still just my penpal, and when I told him I was going to London with a friend, he asked if I'd be okay with him visiting us in London. I was very much okay with it, because he and I got along well, and I'd never met a penpal in person before. I figured it'd be fun. My friend was also okay with it, because I'd talked about him to her before, and she thought it'd be cool to meet him as well.
                          I recognized him immediately when I saw him turn the corner and head down our street, and I remember the first thing my friend and I noticed was that he had an incredibly bouncy walk. The three of us hung out together for two days, and then the night before he had to head back home, he and I hung out by ourselves.
                          We walked around until we found a pub, had a couple drinks, and then walked around a little more. We ended up wandering back to his youth hostel since we didn't want to disturb my friend, and we just chilled on some steps and chatted. Eventually, I guess he got brave and he put his arm around me but like...not around me. It was one of those "I'm going to lean back but my arm needs to be on the opposite side of you because I just need all this extra room but hey feel free to get all snuggly if you want but if you don't want to that's cool because I'm definitely just leaning on my arms for sure no romo." I might not be the most attentive person, but I got the hint. I rested my head on his shoulder, so he put his arm around my waist and we just sorta sat there for a moment. We kissed, but I get REALLY shy sometimes, so I ended up burying my face in his chest and we had a really cute moment. Then it just got SUPER romantic. We started kissing again, but then this guy just started puking about 4 feet in front of us. I mean, he was REALLY going at it.
                          So the scene was my then-penpal and me making out on some steps outside of a youth hostel in the middle of central London, at around 2am, while some guy 4 feet away serenaded us with his puking.
                          We didn't actually become a couple until we were both back in our respective countries, so I guess we did things out of order.

Comment

My SO and I "met" on Facebook. He was a high school friend of my youngest brother, but I never knew him because he is nine years younger than me and I was married with children by the time they were in HS. My sister had passed away two years before, and he lost his sister three months prior to us meeting. He was talking to my brother about how to deal with the loss and my brother suggested he talk to me since I was handling it so well (not really, though). He messages me on FB and we talked every day after that. A few months later I told him I would be in NY for a fundraiser my brother was throwing, and he said he was attending as well. He met me at my hotel before the event, and we have been together ever since. We are closing the distance THIS WEEKEND when he moves here. Although he will only be her on weekends because he hasn't gotten a transfer yet, we are officially starting our lives together, and will be together every weekend until his transfer happens (soon, I hope), and we are getting married in September! It's been almost three years since this relationship started, and there were days I wanted to throwing the towel, but I am glad I didn't. He is the love of my life and my very best friend, and my children ADORE him. Life is good now!
                            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Working...
                            X