So angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So angry

I booked my flight tickets in January for my trip this upcoming June. I'm so excited for the actual trip but right now I'm not having fun at all.

Previously I have been notified that my flights outbound had been changed, thankfully they changed both my outbound flights. Couple weeks later, one of my flights was changed again, this time it was my outbound connecting flight. That was fine I could deal with that, even though I hadn't been notified and found out while I was checking the website..

Now I have just received an email telling me that they have changed one of my return flights. Just one, so now while that flight is still in the air I am missing my flight back to the UK which leaves 20 minutes before the plane even lands.

It's an absolute joke and all I want to do is cry right now, I'm going to have to phone them to get things sorted but I need to talk to the SO about it and he's not feeling very well right now and he's gone AWOL.

I don't even know who's changing my flights, I booked through British Airways but the flights are all being operated by American Airlines. I contacted them after my flights were changed the last 2 times and they were just like 'oh sorry, we're a big airline. There is going to be changes'.

I wish they would stop messing me about, it's only the second time I have will have flown and I'm loosing all trust in these 2 airlines.
    Last edited by bubblehits; April 5, 2015, 11:47 AM.
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

It sucks, but dont' sweat over it. Its on the way back, it if takes a little longer to get home who cares really. Call and find out about it but don't let it be something you cry over, it isn't worth it.

Comment

I had the same thing on the connecting flights from inside the US to the long haul leg with American Airlines, I have never had it with the BA side on the longer leg.

Just ring up whoever you booked the ticket through, and explain to them the issue, they will then have to re-book your other ticket, as they have changed the terms on their end, hopefully you can make a different connection, on one of the other routes; if not you are entitled to a refund.

Comment

Just never book with american airlines. They are cheap, but you will have to deal with delayed or cancelled flights. At least for now. They are expanding.

Comment

It justeres means they will give you a new flight. Breathe deep and make the call .

Turkish Airlines made me loose a connecting flight once (I had already travelled all day at that point, they did not notify me either) - that was on the SAME 5 day trip where they delivered my suitcase to my destination less than 24 hours before I returned. And on my next trip they lost my suitcase again. I am still travelling with them again in two weeks. Because things happen, the most important thing is to not fret. You WILL get home!
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Relax, there are worst things than that. If I knew when I'm going to see my SO next, I would be utterly happy and would not worry about flights that have been paid for and airline is responsible of fixing!

Comment

I understand that it's frustrating when things get changed up on you like that, but all the others have a point. Relax. Breathe. You caught this very early, since you'll be traveling in June, and you'll be able to sort it out. British Airways/American Airlines delayed my outbound flight by one whole day once (I was going to Paris) and they barely gave me 24h notice - so you'll be fine. Reschedules like these do happen, especially on longer flights. Most airlines have a commitment to get you to your destination as quickly as possible, especially when things change on their end.
              So, here you are
              too foreign for home
              too foreign for here.
              Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Keep your eye on the prize. The most important thing is that you get to see your SO and it's just around the corner now. Don't let your anger distract you from the happiness you should be feeling right now. This issue with the flight is a minor annoyance which can be fixed with some phone calls.

Comment

As long as you've paid for your ticket they have to reroute you, even if that route would technically cost more. It's you missed a flight because of a delay, or a cancel, they can't just tell you "Oh well, tough crunchies." All airports have kiosks where if you've missed your flight because your flight is delayed, you can call the airlines and they will schedule you for a new flight.

Comment

As frustrating as it is, deal with it before you talk to your SO. He seems to get stressed out more easily than you, so don't give him something to stress over if nothing is set in stone yet. Call them and make sure they change it to something that makes sense. I had to do this before, good luck.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Sorry I was afk when you messaged me about this last night. Calm down take a deep breath and contact the airlines. I understand how stressful it is, however they will sort it. You have paid for your flights and they have to uphold that. When I was 22 I was flying though Houston Texas, I was 17 weeks pregnant and I tried to explain to the security guard that I needed a drink because I was pregnant and getting dehydrated. She ignored me and made me wait in a queue for 3 hours to the point where the room was then spinning because I was dehydrated.

I then sat on the floor until the security came up and asked me if I was ok to which I said 'well I asked for a drink hours ago now I am dizzy' they then got me though security to a med team and let me get something to eat & drink which caused me to miss my flight.

My point is that they then put me on the next flight out to California which is where my ex lived at the time. They won't leave you stranded, they will sort it out. I know how stressful it is and that you just want it to go smoothly but just calm down and think 'it will be sorted'.

Give me a shout later if you still need to chat.
                      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

okay so. I finally managed to get my flights sorted, after some panicking, a talk with the SO (since he is the one taking me to the airport he has to be okay with changes to times/dates too) and various phone calls to British Airways.

No-one could explain to me why one flight had been changed but the connection hadn't, they kept telling me it should have been. Some guy tried to re-book me on a completely different flight 2 weeks earlier than the original ones (for what reason, i do not know).

Got me re-booked on another flight which has just moved the timings of everything so it works out that I get an extra hour or so with the SO, which is fine with me.

Hopefully it stays that way, but since that's the third/fourth time they've changed now what's the bet it doesn't?
                        Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
                        Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
                        Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
                        His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
                        Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
                        Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
                        Married: June 29th 2018
                        Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

At least it's sorted and you get extra time with your SO. Win win situation

Comment

Glad you sorted it. I won't be booking with them! ! I book greyhound around my flights and I never get refundable as they cost more. If they change it again you know they will fix it at least.
                            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                            X