Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice on Our First Romantic Meeting!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice on Our First Romantic Meeting!!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with my very new long distance relationship. I've been combing forums and articles for similar situations as mine but keep coming up empty handed, so maybe you guys can help me!

My SO and I actually first met about 3 years ago, and got to know each other pretty well as we worked together in a local restaurant for about a year. We were friends, but I was in a relationship with somebody else at the time and he had just gotten out of a long term relationship, so neither of us were looking for anything. We flirted a bit, that was it, and then he moved away to start a job somewhere else and we were out of touch for about 2 years.

During that time, my last relationship disintegrated, and I have recently gotten back into the the dating scene. My SO contacted me via social media totally coincidentally around the same time - about a month ago - and we've been chatting every evening since. It started just as friends catching up, but things quickly evolved into more than that (but not too quickly!). We've expressed serious interest in each other, and in a relationship together, and he's taking 4 days off work to come visit this week. He's about 500 miles away, so our visit will really only be 3 days after this travel time is factored in (7 hr drive).

Soo, I guess I'm just not really sure how to proceed when he gets here because we already know each other. It's not like I'm meeting a stranger for the first time ever! We were friends before. I'm very confident that we'll click and get along, I'm just not sure what to do about the little things... like: Do I tell him to meet me at my place when he gets into town, or at a restaurant? He'll be staying with me. Should we try and put off physical intimacy until after he's been here for a day or so? I'm just not really sure at all how to handle that first little bit of time together!! So some advice would be greatly appreciated!!

I will suggest you will share a meal in a restaurant, then go to your place for a glass of champagne or wine. Get physical when you feel like it, just be sure to have protection ready.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ok thanks! That sounds good. Just to clarify, you mean that I should have him meet me at the restaurant, right? Not at my house? And then when he arrives, I guess it will be a hug? And the first kiss will be left for later? I know these sound like really silly questions but this is my first time with a LDR!! :S And I think this relationship has a LOT of potential - especially because we already know each other pretty well.

Comment

There is no set rule for LDRs. Do what comes naturally. If he's going to judge you for kissing him too early or something like that, he's not worth it IMO.
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by LoverGal View Post
          Ok thanks! That sounds good. Just to clarify, you mean that I should have him meet me at the restaurant, right? Not at my house? And then when he arrives, I guess it will be a hug? And the first kiss will be left for later? I know these sound like really silly questions but this is my first time with a LDR!! :S And I think this relationship has a LOT of potential - especially because we already know each other pretty well.
          Well, if he has a lot of luggage it might be wise to just put it inside before you leave for the restaurant. If he comes with a small bag or tiny suitcase you might as well meet directly at the restaurant. As for me, I would go for a kiss first, but if you want to ease into it, a hug might feel better.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yeah, honesty, you just can't plan personal interaction. You'll kiss when you both feel right, you'll hug when you both feel right. That's really the only rule there is - Do what you both consensually want. The only thing you can really plan ahead are parameters, like the location where you meet. Personally I think it would be nice to touch base in a public place first, but that's just me.

~
            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
            The hands of the many must join as one
            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Since he is staying with you, I suppose there is bound to be some physical intimacy.

Go on with whatever you are comfortable with, but never be afraid to say no!

Have fun

Comment

Do what feels right to you in the moment, planning ahead never seems to work out anyway. I told my SO that I wanted to wait for the first kiss.. well, he hugged me so tight when I stepped out of the car and then he kissed me. I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful, I honestly think he just couldn't wait to get his lips on mine. Lol. It was nice, he is very sweet. As far as physical intimacy goes, you will both know when the time is right, if there's a connection.. why not go for it?

Cheers!
                Last edited by Summer0808; June 18, 2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X