Just got back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back!

Ugh so my two weeks in Florida were unbelievable! Such a beautiful place. Had my first Taco-bells and Chipotles but oh my gosh; Chic-Fil-A is where it's at. The weather was hot and I really understood what my SO meant by 'musky' when I first got off the aircraft. Everything is very cheap however did have a minor hiccup with the hire car.
    Unfortunately I missed my return flight on Thursday due to a major accident on the interstate, which fortunately meant I got another 2 sleeps with my SO
    Flew back yesterday and now just arrived in London Gatwick. Now I have to find my way back up to the north east so it's a bus transfer to Heathrow and a shuttle flight until I finally get home.
    There is no way I am returning to work tomorrow lol

That sounds really exciting. I'm sure I wouldn't mind missing a return flight if it means I can stay with my SO a little longer.
    How difficult was it to say goodbye in the end? I'll be visiting my SO for the first time in August and I'm terrified of the moment I'll have to return to Germany.
    Last edited by Mr Gravy; May 10, 2015, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Glad you had a great time

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Gravy View Post
        That sounds really exciting. I'm sure I wouldn't mind missing a return flight if it means I can stay with my SO a little longer.
        How difficult was it to say goodbye in the end? I'll be visiting my SO for the first time in August and I'm terrified of the moment I'll have to return to Germany.
        Well this was the second time we met. Saying goodbye was harder but with less tears. After the 9 hour flight I received like 20 texts from my SO which is so cute, but so sad that we are restricted to electronic devices once again. She did however say she hopes this is one of only a few times we have to meet before closing the distance, and now I've seen Florida, I think I want to live there.

The first time we had to say goodbye, I cried and I felt sick for a couple of hours. It's almost like heartbreak and you do get heart pains if you're as emotional and as sensitive as me. She held it in until she got home, until she was alone again. It's very difficult.

Comment

Welp.
          Guess I better prepare myself for the worst then. There's no way around it since not meeting my girlfriend is not an option. (Hurrah for double negative)

Comment

Originally posted by Shauny View Post
            Ugh so my two weeks in Florida were unbelievable! Such a beautiful place. Had my first Taco-bells and Chipotles but oh my gosh; Chic-Fil-A is where it's at. The weather was hot and I really understood what my SO meant by 'musky' when I first got off the aircraft. Everything is very cheap however did have a minor hiccup with the hire car.
            Unfortunately I missed my return flight on Thursday due to a major accident on the interstate, which fortunately meant I got another 2 sleeps with my SO
            Flew back yesterday and now just arrived in London Gatwick. Now I have to find my way back up to the north east so it's a bus transfer to Heathrow and a shuttle flight until I finally get home.
            There is no way I am returning to work tomorrow lol
            Glad it was good.....AND you got to experience chick fila! YUMMY!
            sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Haha I like the fact that the most noteworthy things were food related. It sounds like my list!

Mr Gravy- As far as saying goodbye goes, if it's hard to say goodbye it means that you have a good thing! I hope that it's always hard to say goodbye! Try not to dwell too much on the goodbye during your trip. One thing LD has taught me is to try to live in the moment.

Comment

That's a great way to look at it I suppose. I'll try to remember that.

Comment

Welcome back, I'm glad you had a good time and so many positives I'm still counting down the days. I've been to FL and dear God the humidity was insane. Except I went in the middle of summer and ended up sunburned though my jeans (not fun).
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
                  X