I'm visiting her for 2 weeks this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm visiting her for 2 weeks this summer

So my trip is all booked. England to Chicago (where I stop off for 5 hours) and then make the short domestic flight to Oklahoma City!
    I'm 18 and I've never flew alone before so there is obviously some nerves on my part but everybody I've spoken to said I'd be fine. Our families know each other very well (spoken numerous times) so we're all comfortable around each other. Any advice on customs and such? I'm slightly anxious about it but as I read before, it's usually just a few questions. Also, has anybody visited Oklahoma before? It's my first time. And what is it like waiting around at an airport for 5 hours? Does it go quickly? Any any other general tips?
    I'm extremely excited, just can't wait to be there now.
    Thanks!
    Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Customs has never been much of a problem for me! If you follow all their rules (what you can and can't take with you) you should really be fine!
    I have had a 5 hours overlay in Canada once and all I can say is, I was extremely happy that they had free WIFI, so I was able to skype with my mom, chat with my man and play small flash games. That really helped make this time go by quickly! (I had my netbook with me :P)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Most airports have phone charger ports now or a USB charging port. At least they did in JFK, EAR (US) and Vienna (in Europe).
      Just make sure you take everything out of your pockets for security, you put your shoes, belt etc in a tray and then you go though the scanner. Make sure you have plenty of time to clear airport security. Then customs they usually ask you a few questions like why you are visiting etc, what your trip plans are and when you are going back.
      Good luck and I hope you have fun
      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

From my experience finding charging ports for your devices can be extremely hard, and if you happen to find the spot- it's taken as for the customs- I've got pretty normal check, question about why I'm coming here, for how long and the officer asked for my ticket back. One thing for sure- when booking long trip with stops, make sure that you have at least 2h between connecting flights
        5 hours at the airport can really go fast, especially if you have to collect and check in your luggage again and go through security and customs. I don't know how it's with your flights, but sometimes when changing from international to domestic flights you need to collect your luggage and transfer to other terminal. And when flying alone for the first time and to unknown airport, it might be actually good for you to have these hours to find your way around with no stress. Good luck with the jet lag tho, hopefully these 5h will make it easier.

Good luck and have great time with your SO

Comment

I'm American, so I don't know what it's like for those who aren't. However, I've heard as long as you have proper documentation (Proof of your flight home) and other things that connect you to your home country (finishing up school, family, a house, whatever it may be) that you won't have much of a problem. They are mostly worried that you won't return home, so just make sure they have no doubt and you'll be fine! Also, I've heard that you may want to say that you're "visiting a friend" instead of your SO. My SO had some additional questions that he had to answer when visiting me when he said that he was seeing his girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
          X