Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We FINALLY met!!

Here's some background:

We met at the end of 2010, beginning of 2011 through a mutual friend that I met on a roleplaying site. He's older than me, and I was just a kid then (in some opinions I still am), so it was a completely platonic relationship. We became fast friends and I considered him to be my BEST friend. In June 2014 feelings changed for both of us, and he admitted that he was in love with me. At that time I was still 17, so under the international legal age-line, or whatever you want to call it, so we didn't become "official" until much later, although we continued to talk more freely.

Once I turned 18 he finally built up the courage to ask me out, and of course I said yes. We're up to November 2014 now.

I live about ten minutes away from the Houlton, Maine border, and he lives about an hour away from Boston. Including traffic it's about a seven-nine hour drive, which I FINALLY MADE on Friday May 15.

We were awkward at first, but easily fell into a routine. I stayed with him, met his parents and his sister, and oh my god. It was the best thing I've ever done. (And apparently his parents like me because they've asked him when I'm coming back.)

It was.. I can't describe it. He was perfect and we were amazing and now I just want to close the gap and move there. I left in the afternoon on May 18, and got home that night.

On the way home I bawled almost the entire time, got home, got on Skype with him, and started crying. I put his shirt on (that I stole and am now reluctant to wash) because it smells like him and I just cried more.

Distance was so much easier when I didn't know what it was like to be WITH him, like I do now.

But all in all, I love him, I had an amazing trip, ate waaaay too much food, and I can't wait to go back.

Third time lucky posting this, I keep pressing the wrong button ><

Glad the visit went well, sounds amazing. I understand what you mean when you say the distance was easier before you met your SO in person. It is difficult afterwards, but a good coping mechanism is if you set a date for that next visit as soon as you can, no matter how far away it is, it gives you something to look forward to.

Looking forward to hearing about more visits, also well done on stealing his shirt :P Wish I had done that.

All the best!
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Aaaawwwwww
      So happy to hear about a wonderful first meeting

I've gotten into a rhythm of changing the shirt I have from him every time we meet.
      I wash and give him back the old tshirt and when we are together tell him to wear the one I'll be getting as much as possible so it smells like him, also might ask him to put some of his aftershave on the shirt.

Comment

I'm really happy for you! Believe me I completely get how hard it gets after you've met. I am counting down the days until I can see my boyfriend again. It's been too long already (3 months).
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblehits View Post
          Third time lucky posting this, I keep pressing the wrong button ><

Glad the visit went well, sounds amazing. I understand what you mean when you say the distance was easier before you met your SO in person. It is difficult afterwards, but a good coping mechanism is if you set a date for that next visit as soon as you can, no matter how far away it is, it gives you something to look forward to.

Looking forward to hearing about more visits, also well done on stealing his shirt :P Wish I had done that.

All the best!
          Thank you!! I'm hoping to go see him again this summer, hopefully for a longer time, then again Christmas, maybe even Thanksgiving weekend if all goes well.

Comment

Congratulations on what sounds like an amazing first meeting it's always very special and reverting to long distance is never easy. All the best.
            Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
            First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
            X