Nervous First Time Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous First Time Meeting

After 2 months having a LDR we decided to meet for the weekend.I am really nervous,What if he doesn't show?What if he doesn't like me?What if after I spend the weekend with him,I don't hear from him again? Any dos and donts for the first timers? Plz settle my nerves....Thanks

Don't over think it and don't go expecting a bunch of things.
    Just go with the flow and see how things naturally progress. Technically it could happen that you guys don't click in person, but more often than not on this site, people meet and have a great time. Better to meet and see how it goes, than not and regret it!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
      Just go with the flow and see how things naturally progress. Technically it could happen that you guys don't click in person, but more often than not on this site, people meet and have a great time. Better to meet and see how it goes, than not and regret it!
      ^^^This

How far are you traveling to meet? I've been in a few LDR's and I always did very short first visits - Friday night to Sunday afternoon. I also always had a backup plan - knowing what hotels were near by, where to rent a car if needed, etc. I never needed them but it took some of the pressure off of me knowing if things didn't go as I thought that I wasn't stuck in a bad situation for an entire weekend.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
        I agree with this!! The last thing you want to do is freak yourself out, take some deep breaths if you're ever feeling overwhelmed. And let us know how it went!
        "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
        Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
        Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
        First Visit: December 7, 2017
        Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

I think almost everybody has these exact same feelings That first meeting is both scary and risky, but if you think about it, it's not that different than starting something new with a CD partner. Sure any of your scenarios could happen, but I've been on this site a loooong time, and can tell you that the huge majority of first meets go really well! A few don't, but that's not much different than dating a few times and realizing s/he's not quite for you. Don't worry so much, enjoy the anticipation of meeting for the first time, especially since you only get a first meeting once! Good luck, I'm sure it'll go just fine.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X