American Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Airlines

Hey guys. I'll be travelling from Europe to USA with American airlines. So all my connecting flights are on one ticket from AA. Have any of you travelled with them on long hauls? Are they ok and mostly on time? I somehow managed to score a ticket for $750 through travel agency, so that's awesome for summer time.
    Is AA known for changing itinerary of your trip or any other funny business?
    I was flying with Norwegian and US Airways before, so that's my first time using the same airline for the whole trip and the first time with American Airlines.

I've flown with AA, they're part of a larger group called 'Oneworld' so you may find you actually fly on a different aireline. For example I always book with BA and my flight number is BA but sometimes it's actually an AA plane. I don't think there's a great deal of difference between them all, although my last flight with AA the entertainment screen didn't work which was annoying.

Comment

thanks! I don't really care who owns the plane as long as me and my luggage will make there on time and I think one of the flight actually is BA.

Comment

I've never had any major delays either, and in fact the one time there was a slight delay which meant my connection looked like I might miss it they were excellent at getting my off the plane first and arranging for someone to take me to the new gate on one of those truck things.

Also never had problems with luggage either.

Comment

I've travelled with American Airlines/British Airways and they're okay, but definitely can have scheduling issues. Their service was actually decent though, and they fasttracked me to make my connecting flight when we ran late. Don't leave anything in the seat pockets though - Dummy me left my phone in there and I never got it back!

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

American Airlines is the worst. Half of their flights are delayed/cancelled. They are expanding, so it might get better in the future. Problems are not that severe for oversea travel.

Comment

shit, hope none of mine will get delayed I'm still super stressed about it because I booked through travel agency and it was almost suspiciously cheap, but I got all my confirmation for AA, so I should be good to go

Comment

Worst experiences I ever had...
                booked with British though, and they also don't like them..
                flight time changing without notice or anouncing it beforehand...
                every flight was late..
                not so cool entertainment..
                stupid people working their airport desks..
                got 3 out of 4 bags lost TWICE (to and from San Diego)
                overbooked a flight once and started asking who would give up their seat..

I think thats it for now
                (it was only one trip, Vienna - San Diego)

Comment

I never had a problem using AA. When I was in an LDR and flew regularly, I would alternate between AA, United and Southwest, depending on their sales and who had the cheaper tickets. AA was my favorite of the three.
                  So, here you are
                  too foreign for home
                  too foreign for here.
                  Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I've flown with AA but not in a number of years. They were fine when I used them. A friend of mine is flying to the US today and they changed her flights 3 times I think. She had a lot of trouble with rearranging things and a lot of stressed phone calls, but they did sort it out.
                    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Worst experience. I will never fly AA again. Delays and schedule and other changes with very little notice, uncomfortable seating and planes in general, rude staff (the ones I interacted with) and I just generally would go out of my way NOT to fly American again.

Comment

On the transaltantic side, the flights with AA have been no more delayed or changed using BA or AA (they are in oneworld so it depends on your actual flight of choice who runs it) The AA food was worse than the BA food though.

I would say that on the US domestic side, the AA flights for me were altered every single booking I made, they always allowed me to reschedule, but it was irritating, as I lost half a day with my GF at the time. but is was always a small plane, so if they didn't get the numbers using that flight they cancelled it.

Comment

Working...
                        X