Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snacks to take on flight

Hello everyone!

I'm all packed and ready to go only 2 days to go as of tomorrow I was just thinking once I get through security at Heathrow I am planning on getting some snacks to eat on the plane for the 10 hour flight, I'm not a big fan of fruits or nuts and just wondered if other people take snacks what do you take? I graze all the time (Currently eating chocolate cookies )

Thanks
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

If you like cookies, then take cookies. You know better than anyone what you like best. I always like nibs or cherry blasters or something like that.

Comment

You don't have to wait to get through security! As long as they are in sealed containers (so pretty much anything not opened) and not meat/dairy products (although chocolate is okay!) then bring it along with you! It's way cheaper not in the airport and you can get more goodies that way Have a great trip!

Comment

It's only liquids they're really strict on so I end up buying water at the airport. Are you flying down to Heathrow from LBA? If so I went through security at LBA meaning I didn't have to again at Heathrow as I just stayed in the airport waiting for connection.

Comment

I usually bring something bread-y, something salty and something sweet.

My bread-y is almost always a bagel sandwich I buy in the airport before getting on the plane. A salty snack might be a bag of chips. Sweet is usually cookies of some sort or a chocolate bar. And of course a big bottle of water!

Comment

I used to buy a tapas meal on the plane when they sold that. Now they serve a type of chicken and beans salad. I always have to have protein when I fly. I might bring stuff too: hardboiled eggs, sweet peppers, dark chocolate, potato chips (the small Pringles boxes are ideal), chicken or shrimp salads, sushi tray, cupcake, sandwich (there is a warm sandwich I often buy in the airport, so easy to eat in the morning), various hot or cold dinners (home made pizza slices in tin foil are very easy to transport).

And I always buy two bottles of water. And usually top it with teas and - only if I am returning from Turkey - orange juice. I don't want to risk getting dehydrated.

Anyhing not watery/moist you can bring past security.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I usually take fruits and some kind of trail mix.
              Met Online : July 2013
              Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
              2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
              3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
              Proposal : December 2014
              Closed distance : February 2015
              Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

My mom usually bought me a sandwich at a convenience store, some cookies, some crackers and some hard candy. Since my flights were really long I was always served at least 1 meal, most of the time two, so I didn't really need snacks, but I did like having the hard candy (usually cough drops) as my throat tended to get dry up in the air :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I eat protein bars a lot. So I will most likely pack those for the trip. Last time I spent $100 before I even got to my boyfriend's sate... $80 of that was on a cellphone so that won't happen again. But I always end up buying tons of snacks on the bus because I'm like 'oh reeses peanut butter cups how I missed you' they just don't taste the same here and I have only found reeses pieces up in London and I don't go to London often. This time I actually need to be careful because I put a few lbs on when I went last time as I was trying out all sorts of food and I ate way too much (to the point I made myself unwell).

I think best in flight snacks are things like gummies, hard boiled sweets etc. But I will only be taking a small pack of gummies for my daughter and everything will be health foods for me so probably protein balls as everything else I like is fruit and nuts which I don't think you are meant to take.
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

If you're not trying to gain weight then you should probably stay away from protein bars. Especially if you're sedentary while eating them. It's like drinking Gatorade while watching TV. All the calories, none of the exercise.

Comment

Welp, in the US we can't bring outside food and drink onto the plane so any food we bring onto our flight has to be purchased in the airport. I have a medication that makes my blood sugar plummet so I have to have snacks. If you are afraid of your blood sugar dropping, nuts are a good snack to idly snack on even if they aren't your main snack or choice snack. The protein helps with your blood sugar.

I like to get gummies since they aren't messy, they are sugary and again can help with blood sugar, and because I like gummies. But another thing I will do is I will purchase an actual meal. Usually airports have delis and cafes with pre-packaged food like sandwiches and salads. They can typically last you a couple hours. I always make sure to have something like that. Since you will be on a long flight I'd definitely recommend that.

I also would not recommend anything that has a strong smell for the sake of those around you.

Comment

I usually eat them after the gym. Just no idea what else I can take on the plane as don't eat candy :/
                        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Everything else sold in the airport but candy..
                          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

In US...you can bring dry goods - fruits, nuts, cookies, candy, etc.
                            I usually bring nuts and jelly beans, gum and pretzels...buy water after security.
                            I've also eaten in the airport when the flight was delayed.

Comment

Working...
                            X