Our summer together.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our summer together.

Well it's time for me to post, a couple of you who I speak to on skype probably know how my trip went. But I thought I'd update the rest of you. I arrived in new york earlier than expected and got into manhatten really early. I was going to meet a friend of mine when she got out of work so I was going to head to the greyhound so I could get an earlier bus and meet my boyfriend in Cincinatti earlier. So I was stood in the line at the greyhound and my boyfriend sends me this photo. I puzzled over it for a second because it was blury but I was pretty sure what I was looking at was me so I turned around and he was right there!! He'd come all the way to New York to meet me and travel back with me on the greyhound! So of course I dove under the barrier and gave him a massive hug which scared my little girl a bit as she thought I was running off with out her. She liked him instantly and spent time up on his shoulders while we walked around New York. We went to Mcdonalds for dinner and caught a movie and met my friend together when she got out of work. Then got the greyhound bus together as he had planned the exact same buses of my itinerary.

When we got back we went to pick up our oldest monkey who I was lucky to get a cuddle out of because she was so happy to finally meet my daughter. They played together and over the next following 6 weeks became inseparable. My boyfriend just got put on salary the second week I was there and pretty much had to work every week day I was there. He was also working saturdays but was able to take me with him to work on saturdays every time. So I got to spend some time with him at work and we'd have sundays off together.

One work event we even took the kids to, but they weren't very well behaved until the bouncy houses were set up. I think my favorite part was actually being able to support him while he was busy at work. Most times he'd get takeaway because he was so tired but I made him a home made meal almost every night I was there. I even made some European dishes, shepherds pie being his favorite. We didn't do much sight seeing and I was fine with that. I didn't go to the US to sight see I went to spend time with my love and his family. I spent a lot of time getting to know my boyfriends parents, especially his mother. I also went to the elementary school to look around with my daughter.

We had hoped to close the distance with a student visa but unfortunately my loan got turned down. We have another trip planned at christmas and we are going to discuss what is next then. I had an amazing summer which ended in a flood of tears as I didn't want to leave. Now I am back and have to apply to court for permission to move my daughter abroad and various other lose ends I need to tie up. I'm physically and emotionally exhausted but I am glad we went and my daughter was very happy and content over the summer.

I hope everyone else who was counting down with me over the last 5 months had wondeful trips too.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

So glad everything worked out.

Comment

That was really sweet of your boyfriend to surprise you there in New York.
      I wish you all the best for your future. Too bad the student loan didn't work out for you.

Comment

Made me smile. So awesome and happy for you both.

Comment

Sounds like such an amazing trip! Hope that your other ways of closing the distance pans out and that you are able to be together permanently soon!

Comment

Thank you. We had a fantastic summer and although I am having a hard time coming back and ajusting i'll be fine once the school run and work and gym start up again. Until then I am just resting and tomorrow I am going to visit family before I start work on tuesday.
            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
            X