This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meeting question

ok so this is a question regarding a first meeting..... has anyone heard of the app whisper?? where u can tell your secrets anonymously to the world without anyone u know knowing?? well I'm talking to someone on there right now and her and her ld SO have been together for 2 months and they plan on meeting in 2 weeks now imo That's way to soon and they don't know each other yet... what about you guys?? what do u guys think?

I think it's a personal decision and that no one else can make that decision it has to be between the couple. I think my boyfriend and I would have met sooner if we didn't live so far apart.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Everyone is different. I agree with Ella85 that I would have met my SO sooner if we were closer. Just always take the precautions. Do your internet research on the person. Have people know where you are going and provide someone with the other persons contact info. Keep contact with family and friends. Use common sense no matter how soon or how long it takes to meet someone.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
        Everyone is different. I agree with Ella85 that I would have met my SO sooner if we were closer. Just always take the precautions. Do your internet research on the person. Have people know where you are going and provide someone with the other persons contact info. Keep contact with family and friends. Use common sense no matter how soon or how long it takes to meet someone.
        THIS. Seriously. Especially as a young person, we tend to think that we're invincible. We are not! We grew up with the internet so "stranger danger" isn't really something we think about when relationships are involved. Public places (seriously, bring a friend along and make them stay across the room or something) and people knowing exactly where you are and who you are with is a MUST.

Comment

ok I'm starting to think that u guys are getting the assumption that I was talking about me and my SO when I wasn't

Comment

No. we know it's someone you know. However, if you are concerned about them, then pass along the information we have shared with you.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

No I didn't think that at all. I meant for anyone. It's down to the couple in question what they feel comfortable with.
              Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
              All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Working...
              X