Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK LDR's

Hi Everyone!!!

I just found out this today and just wanted to let other UK folk know, If you have a Tesco clubcard that you get points on regularly you can get them converted to British Airways or Virgin Atlantic Airmiles! or can convert them to Avios points and save a bit of money when you book flights You need £2.50 worth of vouchers and that gives you 600 Avios points, I had 900 clubcard points and its given me 2160 in points! and I've just booked my flights for November with BA (I'm an executive member) and saved £100 using some of my Avios points

You can automatically get the points converted to Avios points if you want and every quarter you get a statement with how many points you have earned, you do need your BA or VA member number to set it up but its really easy and can help save you money in the long run!!!

I thought I'd let you know as it could be helpful for some people
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Also use it, I just booked my boyfriend's incoming flight in the sale (£90 or $134) as part of his xmas present from JFK to LHR. He still has to get to JFK but it was a bargain we couldn't pass up. I still have to get a return which I'm waiting for the price drop in December. You still do have to pay taxes on the flights but it can work out being a lot cheaper.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I do this too, it's brilliant! Don't forget to also do online shopping via Virgin Shops Away if you use Virgin air miles too, I always check for a link before buying anything online.

Other ways to rack up Clubcard points (since I've become a little obsessive after finding it out!):

- Order extra Clubcards via the website & ask family/friends to use it when they shop, if they don't have their own
        - If you're with EON Energy, convert your Eon points to Clubcard points (truckloads of points initially, but a cap on the number allowed per year)
        - Get 25 points each calendar month by filling out a short survey, link is at the bottom of your Tesco receipt
        - Use any points coupons that come in the post or appear on your online account
        - Ask friends/family for any Tesco receipts where they haven't used a Clubcard so you can have the points
        - Sign up to Shopper Thoughts and Tesco Orchard (not sure if you have to be invited?) - points for reviewing products and doing surveys, if they ask you to

I believe you can also get points from using a Virgin or Tesco credit card, but I don't earn enough to be able to have one sadly!

Hoping to book a trip in 2016 with my points if dates are available, as I have enough for a Premium Economy ticket if I wanted!

Comment

Working...
        X