Costa Rica on NY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica on NY!

This is a follow-up thread to an old July post where I had conflict about accepting a student consulting course in Costa Rica that I've been wanting for grad school, versus visiting my SO in the "murder capital of the world." The age-old issue of limited vacation days mixed with parental concern for safety.

Anyways, I mostly solved the issue by inviting my girl to meet me in Costa Rica for 5 days before my course starts. We're really excited. We'll have been talking for 7+months by that time, we're very secure with one another and we both want it equally. We'll get to ring in the new year together and it's the weekend before her birthday, so it really works out great.

It still feels crazy if I try to understand how this LDR started. I met her on ok cupid the one time I searched the word "honduras" for kicks, which in addition to being her country happens to be the country I was adopted from. But you're all equally crazy lucky, haha, so I suppose you understand.

If anybody's been to CR or has tips for fun things to do on a "first meeting," I'd love to hear it. See you on the forums..
    ** Met on OKC 6/8/15 ** 1st Visit & Engagement: 1/30/15 (San Jose, Costa Rica) ** 2nd Visit: 1/8/16 (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) ** i129f NOA1: 2/22/16 ** 3rd Visit: 3/19/16 (San Pedro Sula/Puerto Cortes, Honduras) ** i129f RFE: 5/6/16 ** NOA2 Approved 6/2/16 ** 4th Visit: 7/1/16 (Tela, Honduras) ** K1 Visa Interview Approved 7/18/16 ** K1 Visa Received 7/27/16 ** Closed The Distance: 8/16/16 ** Married 9/24/16 ** Greencard Application In progress **
Working...
X