Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There is a small chance that he will be coming here for the holidays!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a small chance that he will be coming here for the holidays!

I don't know how many of you saw my past thread, explaining the whole ordeal with my boyfriends parents. But when I went to stay with him for a few weeks in June, we had planned with his parents for him to come here for the Holidays. They weren't super thrilled with the idea, but they got to the point that they would allow it. Then some things happened between my boyfriends mom and myself, that are way too long and complicated to explain. I was told by her that I would never be allowed to see him again. Well, when he turns 18 in June, she knows she can't really stop us from seeing each other then. We have also been saving money and planning for him to move to Michigan when he turns 18.

My parents have yet to meet my boyfriend. My mom is really bothered by the fact that because of his moms beliefs and stubbornness, she is unable to meet the one person who means so much to me. So yesterday she told me that if I can get his parents to allow it, she wants to pay to fly my boyfriend down here for a few weeks in December and maybe through to January. We are pushing for him to come here for 3-4 weeks.

So I talked to my boyfriends dad on the phone for a while last night. He and I have always gotten along really well, and even when the fights with my boyfriends mom were going on, his dad told me that he still loves me and wants nothing more than for his son to live a happy life with me. During our phone conversation, his dad asked me if I loved his son. I told him more than anything. He then asked me if I would be willing to spend the rest of my life with him, and I told his dad that I wanted nothing more than that. And that he means everything to me. His dad told me that he already knew that, but he wanted to hear me say it. He told me that before he starts pushing for this, he has to know that my boyfriend and i's relationship is really something worth fighting for. Because his mom hates me with a passion. She has made that extremely clear over the last two or so months. And the second his dad switches over to our side and starts fighting against her, things have the potential to get bad. My boyfriends mom is.... an interesting woman to say the least. She is a huge bigot, and with her, whatever she says goes. It's impossible to make her see anything but what she wants to see. So it won't be easy to change her mind, but my boyfriends dad said that he feels confident that he can make this happen. It will just mean that his mom is going to want even less to do with me, which I told him I would be okay with. I just want to see my boyfriend again.

So hopefully within the next few days I will find out if this is really happening or not. I haven't seen him in 5 months, and originally wouldn't be seeing him for another 7-9 months. So if he does get to come stay with us in December, I will be beyond happy. The only bummer is that I won't be able to get time off from work while he is here. But we are going to try to make the most of it anyways.

I will keep everyone updated on how things are going.

Also, if anyone really wants to know what happened between my boyfriends mom and I, I would be willing to type that out. It is just a long story that I figure not many want to hear, so I'm leaving it out for now. It is mostly religion based, and just..... His mom. To say the least.

I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up, but I am so beyond excited for this. It would make me so happy if I could see him again. I miss him so much.
    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

I think I read your previous thread. I really hope it works out with you, it'd be really special if you are able to have him visit over the holidays. It'd help break up the time before you can see him again too which would be lovely. It's great that your mum is so supportive.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

I read your past thread. I am really happy that the things are kinda getting sorted out for you! Wish you lots of luck

Comment

Saw your past threads too. Hope you get to see him soon

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm still trying really hard not to get my hopes up for this, but im feeling confident about it. With my parents and his dads support, we should be able to make it happen. I miss him like crazy, so it'll be great to get the chance to see him again (hopefully) soon.
          ~~~ ~~~

Comment

WoooooHoooo! Dad is on your side. How nice is that. .
            I will be keeping everything crossed for you both!

Comment

HE GETS TO COME!!! December 16 to January 6! Oh my gosh I am shaking. I am so happy right now. His dad didn't even ask his mom. My boyfriends dad said that it's not up to her any more, and it's up to him. And he bought the tickets! My boyfriend just called me at work to tell me. I'm so excited!!! His mom still doesn't know, and his dad said this is going to be one hell of a battle. But he bought the tickets anyways. I'm crying I'm so happy right now! I didn't think I would get to see him for another 8 months. This is so exciting.
              ~~~ ~~~

Comment

I'm so happy for you! And honestly I'm somewhat surprised that his dad is willing to go against his mom on this. What you two have clearly made a good impression on dad
                So, here you are
                too foreign for home
                too foreign for here.
                Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

So glad that he is going to visit you His mum will just have to get over it. You shouldn't put religion over your own child's happiness in the first place..
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

I have been reading your story and I was here to say finger crossed.. but then I read your update! So happy for youuuu! Big round of applause for his dad! Best holidays gift ever! You'll see you will have a great time!

Comment

wooohoooOOOOOOO That is some of the best news I have heard today!!

Comment

Thank you so much everyone!
                        ~~~ ~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X