Anxious about meeting my boyfriend?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxious about meeting my boyfriend?!

Hello! Im new to this froums, I discowerd this website and made a user right away, Ive been up reading forums all night but I just cant make this anxius feeling go away.. I hope that someone can help me. Exuse my bad english btw, English is not my first language.

My boyfriend is coming to visit me in February, its going to be the first time I see him. I'm generaly a really stressed and anxius person. I love him to death, but I'm stressed about him coming to visit because I dont know how to function with him in person at all. I know him so well but I have never even tutched him. What would we do together? The only things we (mostly) do is skype, watch movies and play games together.. Of chourse I'm exited to see him, I'm really looking farward to meeting him and everyting about him, dont get me wrong! But Im feeling so nervous.

I feel really wrong for feeling this way. Is anyone eals feeling like this? Did any of you feel this way before the first time you met? How did meeting each other for the first time go? Im exited to hear from you!

We've all had the first meeting jitters. It's very common, so you are not alone. He's probably feeling the same way.

You will function with him in person just like you do every other person you know. You will talk, laugh, watch movies, play games, etc. He's a person, just like you are. Now you get the added benefit of having him right there.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thankyou so much, it really helped me reading this! I guess the thought of meeting him always have felt so distance and now it just feels unreal that we are acually meeting, Im really exited tho. Have a great day you lovely person!

Comment

I have been with my boyfriend for over two years. We were together 7 months in person before we went LD and I STILL get nervous every time we're going to see each other. It's perfectly normal! Just try to relax and enjoy the experience for what it is. Over the years, I've learned that the first few days can be very awkward, but that if you hang in there it does get better. The more you put expectations on the experience, the harder it will be.

As far as what to do, do whatever you want! Go on some dates, watch some movies, just talk, or whatever else!

Comment

Agree with all of the above! I knew my SO before we went LD, and every time I am nervously waiting in the airport! I think it is normal. First time we met up after being apart, we held hands, touched each other for hugs etc., and just had stupid grins! Just try to relax and be yourself. You already know likes and dislikes etc. You do what you normally do, you just get to do it physically together!

Comment

Working...
          X