First date/meeting might be in an airport and I need help & advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First date/meeting might be in an airport and I need help & advice

Hey guys & gals The Doctor here once again visiting from traveling time & space in his TARDIS ok now we got that joke out of the way I need some help here guys

Ok so I was talking to my new lady friend and it turns out she might be on Vacation in Charlotte, North Carolina while I'm on vacation visiting friends in Ohio. So there might be a chance we can meet at the airport while I'm on a layover in Charlotte waiting to go back to London Heathrow for our first coffee date while I'm there.

So I'm wondering guys seeing as I only have a 3 hour layover, how long should I leave it before I head back through security to get my flight home? and how do I get out to meet her between the flights?

Hope to hear from you guys soon
    As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

It seems going out of airport would be less than ideal. Could she go in and have a coffee in airport with you?
    I haven't traveled over seas but going back through security could be time consuming, especially if it's a busy time of day...
    Maybe bring some coffee and snacks (bought in airport)...have a mini brunch? It must be very exciting having a chance to actually meet in person! Best wishes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth123 View Post
      It seems going out of airport would be less than ideal. Could she go in and have a coffee in airport with you?
      I haven't traveled over seas but going back through security could be time consuming, especially if it's a busy time of day...
      Maybe bring some coffee and snacks (bought in airport)...have a mini brunch? It must be very exciting having a chance to actually meet in person! Best wishes!!
      Yeah I agree with you there, as far as I know she should be able to meet me at the airport and as for US Security it's A LOT easier than the UK's so shouldn't be too bad and that's not a bad idea about the brunch thing
      As one door closes another always opens and now I look to the future with a new outlook and perspective on life, it's an open book and I'm ready for the next chapter

Comment

US security is hit or miss... My son and I went through TSA in no time as there was no one in line. At.all. During Spring break.... That will never happen again. I fly in and out of Dulles International and National , and have never waited more than 30 min to go theough TSA. I would ch ck what wait times average and would suggest staying in the airport. There are Starbucks and all kinds of eat places available...also if you are in the same gate area, you don't have to leave and come through TSA a second time...

Comment

The longest I waited for customs was ~10 minutes. I either got really lucky on my trips or it really depends on the location. However, I'd say keeping an hour and a half to make sure you board the flight on time should be reasonable.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
          Married: 1/24/2015
          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Boarding usually starts 20-30 minutes prior to your flight. Security can be hit or miss as was mentioned by others. I would say give yourself at least 45 minutes.

It might be worthwhile to look into how much it would cost to be able to use the fast lane. Different airlines have different requirements as to who would be able to use the fast lane so it's something to look into. Sometimes you can pay extra to just be in the priority/fast lane when going through security and boarding but you don't necessarily have to upgrade from economy/coach. I got priority boarding through American Airlines once (I think it was because I used my miles to book the flight) and it was sooo amazing.

And, of course, pack your carry-on and plan your clothing so that it doesn't take you too long to get through security
            So, here you are
            too foreign for home
            too foreign for here.
            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Thanks all is there anyone here who's from Charlotte, North Carolina and knows that particular airport well?

Comment

You won't be able to leave the terminal. She will only be able to come to your gate if the airport layout works. For example, Atlanta airport has one security check point, then all gates are beyond security, so one can travel between terminals once they have bypassed security. Tampa and Laguardia are NOT like that. Each terminal has its own security and one needs a boarding pass to get into that particular terminal. As I have never been to that airport I don't know what it's like. I am sure you can google the info though.
                sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry again for not keeping you updated but I just wanted to let everyone know, it went without a hitch I managed to get out of the secured area to go and meet her for coffee and the date itself went extremely well.

Second date is set for September 17th when she moves over here to the UK, gonna be taking her for dinner at this really nice Italian Restaurant in Bradford.

Hope your all doing ok

Comment

Glad to hear it went so well! Looks like things are moving along nicely for you.
                    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X