Sitting in the Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting in the Airport

I am soooo nervous. I am flying to Chicago in 45 minutes and I am a nervous wreck. Trying to keep positive but all these what ifs in my head. This is our first meeting. I will be there for five days. Is the way I am feeling normal? What if we aren't attracted to each other or what if we are incompatible or have no chemistry? We have been together for almost nine months. Video chat often and talk every single day either on the phone or through text. I tend to be a negative thinker (trying to change this) so of course my anxiety is through the roof. What if he's a serial killer? Doubtful I know. I have FaceTimed with his kids. But still it's in my head. And my family and friends of course are going to worry. Rationally I feel like everything will be fine so why am I so nervous? Why am I anticipating doom and a horrible time? Is this normal?

I'd say it's very natural to feel nervous! It's something out of the ordinary of your everyday life, something as yet unknown, and it's difficult to prepare for the possible feelings and reactions you might have. It's new and therefore kinda scary. It would be less normal if you were not nervous at all, I think

Have a wonderful time, prepare for the worst but hope for the best, and let us know how it went! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X