Visit report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit report!

Hey all! My SO just left to go home this afternoon, and I'm in need of something to distract myself, so I figure what the heck, I will share a visit summary with you guys!

Background: My SO lives in South Carolina and I live in the Kansas City area. We've been together since about Christmas. His parents live about 45 minutes from me, and I have known my SO for about four or five years. He actually knew my late husband - they went to college together in the 90s. I have visited him in his area twice for about a week each.

Visit: J came in to KC for about 6 days - Wednesday thru Monday. His parents live here, so he had to split his time between his parents and me. Wednesday I got him from the airport, took him to lunch and to get ice cream, and then we stopped off to see a mutual friend. Then I took him to his parents' house and we hung out for a few hours with them.

I needed to work Thursday and Friday, so he stayed with his parental units and did parental unit things. Friday he came to my place and we spent the weekend together until he had to leave Sunday morning. It was LOVELY. We went to dinner on Friday, had breakfast with a few of my friends and did errands and stuff around the house for a while Saturday. We had a nap - which is one of my favorite dates, and had dinner with our mutual friends. After dinner, our friends went home and we sat out on the porch and ate cheese, drank wine, and smoked cigars. It was one of those awesome times when it seemed like time stopped for a while.

Sunday night I went to get him and we went to a little dive bar for a drink and hung out with one of my closest girlfriends, who had never met him before. She is a very intuitive person that I also knew would get along well with him, so I was interest both in great conversation and her perception of how we are together as a couple. She told me later that she feels we are a good couple together, and senses that he really really cares a ton for me and may even feel like I'm a little out of his league.

Today, I took him to the airport. It was no fun to drop him off, but he is coming back soon.

Great things for our relationship...
    1) we are starting to be more comfortable with each other. It's starting to feel easier in general.
    2) I am getting along fairly well with his mom. (His parents are quite elderly and his dad has dementia but his mom seems to like me.)
    3) all my friends like him a lot so far.
    4) I felt like as much as he loves his parents, he would rather spend more,time with me than he did. He needs to spend time with his parents without me, if for no other reason than to respect them, but it's nice to feel like he likes being with me so much.
    5) we are already discussing plans for the next 2 visits, which is HUGE, since he isn't much of a planner. He will be coming here in early July, then I am tentatively planning a trip to SC for mid-to-late August. He is in his friend's wedding around them and it would seem I am invited!

Really happy for you!!

Comment

Working...
    X