Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for suggestions for trip

Hey everyone,

This question is really to anyone who lives or knows about Dallas or has been in this situation before

I plan to visit my SO at the end of September/ start of October for around 10-14 days. This will be one of our longer trips so I’m very excited!
    However, she’s a doctor and will be working between 7am -4/5pm most weekdays.

She used to live in MI and me having family there, I was really familiar with everything but she moved to Dallas 2 weeks ago for a new job.
    Which means between us we pretty much know no one there. I’m not really concerned about that but what I do need advice with is, what I should do during the day.

She just doesn’t want me being bored and stuck indoors all day, which I couldn’t do anyway. I’m reluctant to travel and see friends/family in other states since I want my evenings with her. And I would rather fill my days and spend evenings with her, than have a shorter trip.

Finances aren’t really an issue; it’s more about keeping myself entertained while she’s at work.
    I know I will be doing some shopping, found a couple outlet places I’d love to check out and I would feel totally comfortable going to an outdoor bar alone and hopefully making some new friends
    I hear people in Dallas are super friendly, something I’m not used to as a Londoner!!

However, there’s only so much shopping, sightseeing and eating I can do alone.
    Any other suggestions for me?

I know I’d cook for her a couple times so that would use up a couple days or afternoons.
    I’ve looked into volunteering at a soup kitchen; in fact I’ve already filled out an enquiry form. You’re able to select shifts online so that would be really beneficial to me to choose shifts at the last minute.
    I’ve seen some seminars/courses running but nothing that sounds all that interesting to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I’m happy for gf to pick me up from someplace after work, happy to take cabs/rent a car, I don’t have many restrictions I don’t think, just need some ideas!

OMG, 2 weeks with my SO in which I would able to do whatever I wanted on weekdays while he worked sounds like a dream come true! I can think of tons of stuff...

Read
    Go to the gym every day
    Get a massage or other spa stuff
    Go to movies
    Go find a meetup group for a topic that interests a me
    Write
    Study for a professional certification I want to do
    Explore the city - museums, zoo, etc.
    try awesome new lunch places every day. Eat at the bar so you can meet others who are lunching alone.

The list goes on and on!

Comment

Originally posted by QueenD View Post
      OMG, 2 weeks with my SO in which I would able to do whatever I wanted on weekdays while he worked sounds like a dream come true! I can think of tons of stuff...

Read
      Go to the gym every day
      Get a massage or other spa stuff
      Go to movies
      Go find a meetup group for a topic that interests a me
      Write
      Study for a professional certification I want to do
      Explore the city - museums, zoo, etc.
      try awesome new lunch places every day. Eat at the bar so you can meet others who are lunching alone.

The list goes on and on!
      Hi!!

You’re right; I think I’m worrying over nothing! She made me nervous about it so I think I logged on here and wanted some ideas!

I could do all of those things and more

Comment

Working...
      X