• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxious about visiting him

Hello

I am due to visit my partner where they live in a few months
    They still live with there family and I will be bringing my child with me

But I'm really anxious because I don't know them, my partners been three times to see me but I don't know how I feel going five hours to a place I don't know with my child it doesn't feel safe or right
    But I can't leave them with anyone for a few days either

Is this normal or normal as a parent or am I just being crazy having read too many horror stories of online dating gone wrong and one too many crime dramas

Well, if he was going to do something terrible to you, it would have been just as easy, if not easier, at your place. If he's come to you three times, it's simply your turn, otherwise it's not fair. Five hours really isn't too bad.

That said, if you genuinely don't feel safe, and honestly feel you'd be putting your child at risk, don't go, follow your gut.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I'm just panicking too much
      I lost my trust for him a while back when he was at mine and he got a message from a woman sending him pictures of toys (hope you get what I mean) and asking him which he would want her to get
      It was all one sided from her but he hadn't told her to leave him alone and I was furious because he was at mine and Iv been cheated on before and although it wasn't cheating it still hurt

So I guess it's all down to trust and anxiety
      5 hours isn't that far but it is if something goes wrong

Comment

Is it a 5-hour drive? If so, then if things go wroing, it's quite easy to pack up and drive back. If you are really that unsure, check the area for hotels and pricing. This way you have a backup plan if you need it.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

It will be on train because I don't have a car, that sounds like a good idea il do that

Comment

Always, always have enough cash or credit available to be able to leave, if you need to. That's the best advice I can give to anyone in a newer LDR. Good luck.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              Always, always have enough cash or credit available to be able to leave, if you need to. That's the best advice I can give to anyone in a newer LDR. Good luck.
              To be honest, that's advice I think for anyone travelling regardless of LDR or not. I always make sure I could get home in an emergency if I needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
                To be honest, that's advice I think for anyone travelling regardless of LDR or not. I always make sure I could get home in an emergency if I needed to.
                Yep, couldn't agree more.

Comment

Working...
                X