I'm Sooooooo Nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Sooooooo Nervous

I'm 25 year old woman living in Jamaica. My so is 34 living in Alabama. This is my first time traveling outside of my country. Initially I planned to visit my aunt in Florida for a little over two weeks and then on second thought also booked a flight to see my boyfriend doe the first time. I will spend a week with him. A little if our history, we recently got back together, about a month again. We made two attempts before but it failed. To be honest I never thought we would actually ever get to meet so I didn't make much effort. He's a great guy and we met this third time by accident in a support group and almost instantly we picked up where we left off. This time around has been amazing, both of us showing more maturity and better judgement. So my plane will land in Alabama the 21st of August and I'm getting more nervous each day. We video chat everyday for hours and yet I'm hyperventilating about how he will react to me. He tells me I'm worrying for nothing. I can't help it. I'm becoming so anxious. I will be a wreck. if anyone can share some advice as to how to deal with the anxiety of first time meetings.

I think the biggest thing to remember is that you are still the same people. You've talked, you've video-chatted and now the person will just be within physical reach. It's exciting, definitely. However, don't get yourself overly worked up. A lot of people on here have stated it was a little awkward at first but that it disappears within a few minutes. I've never experienced the awkward part, it always gone very smoothly for me and I've done this a few times. You're going to be just fine.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Sure, the first time travelling and meeting in person someone you really care about can be stressful, to be honest I'd be anxious too, but I think it's more of a positive stress than anything. Relax, wear something you feel beautiful in and really just enjoy your time there! It's going to be all right.

Comment

Hey all the best!!! and you should just relax!!

Comment

How did the visit go??

Comment

Hope it all went well

Comment

Working...
            X