Ruined first time meeting after almost 4 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruined first time meeting after almost 4 years

We’ve met online back in 2013, and since then we spoke every day until we realized that we want to make each other happy and started a relationship.

She lives in Costa Rica and I live in Spain, this year in September we’ve got married trough the embassy after one and a half year of formalities. That was the easiest way to bring her to Spain and finally live together because the fact that we are married reduces the requirements she needs to stay here.

We didn't have a proper wedding, we've never saw each other in person, but all we wanted was to be finally together.

She didn't came like a tourist becouse of the aount of money needed to do that, so we realzed that marrying was the simpleast way becouse after that the only thing she needs to come here is a one way fly ticket.

Finally, 2 months ago, and after ensuring many times that she met all the requirements needed to come to Spain we’ve gathered the money to buy the fly ticket. We are both studying so it wasn’t easy, but we collected enough for a one way flight.

Then 5 days ago the day that we waited for so long finally arrived but it wasn’t as we expected.

She went at the airport with great enthusiasm but there the staff of the airline didn’t let her go on board. When she called me from the airport I thought she was joking, I thought that was impossible, there was no way that could happen becouse we asked everywhere that same question and everyone told us that she can come just with a one way flight becouse se was carrying all the documents that guaranteed her enry to Spain and the application for residence.

We’ve explained everything to them, she had all the documents, emails and messages that we've sent to the embassy, the spanish police and to the same airline few days before the flight asking that same question, but there was no way to convince them. They asked her for the return ticket, but according to the embassy she didn’t need one, she wasn’t coming as a tourist, but the staff admitted no proof.

As a result all our plans are ruined and now we don't know how long do we have to wait until we can try it again.

I'm sorry you guys had to go through that. I think your best option would be to plan a visit, that way you can also provide proof that you two have actually been together in person at least once. The issue is probably that your relationship comes across as one with the sole intention of getting her residency in Spain. I'm honestly surprised that the embassy ok'd the marriage even though you two have never met in person.

So, regroup, save up for a visit, and take looooots of photos. Keep in touch with the Spanish Embassy as well as the Costa Rican one, and just try again later. You'll get through it.

Comment

Working...
    X