Airbnb or my apartment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbnb or my apartment?

My boyfriend and I are planning a visit for February around Valentine's Day. We want it to be a week long because we only ever get to see each other for 4-5 days usually. He normally comes to my apartment for visits at times where my roommates are normally gone. However, the post visit depression after he leaves my apartment is really really bad.

I figured it might be easier if we had a visit at an airbnb instead of at my apartment. He lives at his parents house so going to his place isn't an option. But we are college students so affording an airbnb and a week long visit would be very very hard to manage. It's much cheaper for him to come to my apartment however I'm not sure my roommates would want him at our place for a whole week, especially because it's during a school week. It'll also be Valentine's Day when he's here and I would like privacy. If we had an airbnb we would have complete privacy. It's about double the cost to have an airbnb visit though.

I can't seem to figure out which is the best option. If we did the airbnb we wouldn't be able to see each other for a much longer time since we wouldn't be able to afford it, but we would have much more privacy. Any ideas or advice or words of encouragement for the stress of long distance is greatly appreciated!

Would it be possible to do both? A few nights at your flat and a few nights at airbnb? IT would be cheaper but you could still get a bit moe privacy and wouldn't be too bad on your roomates?

Comment

There might be a third option. Perhaps there's an ad in your local paper or Craigslist for week by week boarding. That could be an option.

Comment

The idea is doing both is good. What if you spent most your time at your apartment but then spent even just valentines at airbnb so you'd have your privacy for when you really want it :3
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

Usually airbnb is cheaper if you stay an entire week. They give a discount for longer stays. My SO and I use airbnb frequently. Sometimes is cheaper to stay in a place just outside of the main city.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
          X