Meeting anxiety and the negative effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting anxiety and the negative effects

My SO and I have been dating for 2 years now, and we are going to meet for the first time in 3 months.
    He is going to stay with me and my dad during the summer and then attend college in my state.
    I have sever anxiety about this first meeting, and it has been effecting my relationship negatively.
    My anxiety has made me doubt him in a way that I haven't in a long time.
    I am worried that I will not be enough for him and that we will break up when he moves here.
    I love him so much and I don't want to lose him, can someone please help me find a way to relieve my anxiety in a healthy way so that I do not take it out on him?

Hi and welcome.

This feelings are normal. Some people have that, some don't, but it's normal. All I can advise you is that when you meet, you be yourself. If you have been yourself on LDR, and he loves you for that, and when you'll be yourself when you meet, he'll probably love you all the same.

Good luck and don't worry too much. Instead: enjoy the preperations and the visit. Go do some nice things, plan some things and plan some days off, where you can be just together doing nothing - or anything you feel up to at that very moment.
    Distance means nothing when someone means everything.

Comment

Hello! Having these anxieties is completely acceptable and normal but as you can see, it's now affecting your relationship. I think you should focus on your plans with your boyfriend instead. Focus on finding and doing some enjoyable activities with him once he gets there. *hugs* You should talk about your anxieties with him so that he understands where they're coming from.

Comment

Thank you both, your replies have helped me ease some of my anxieties and I have been enjoying the preparations and stuff more than I have been worrying about the meet.

Comment

Working...
        X