First Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Visit

I leave tomorrow to visit home from college. It'll be my first time back in over 6 weeks, so of course I'm reallly excited to see Derek. He's going to be the only one there to pick me up at the airport and we have been talking about how great it is going to be to see each other again. I don't doubt that I'm going to love seeing him but I'm getting a little nervous... I'm wondering if the first visit is different than before or awkward. Please help me know what to expect, share about your first visit after starting long distance.

I live with Kevin, yet when I went home to visit and came back to Kevin I was nervous still! I don't think that it's a bad thing and sometimes excitement feels like anxious. What I mean is you'll be anxious until you actually see him but it'll be SOOOO worth it.

Comment

I've felt nervous most time I've been about to walk through the airport doors and see Tanja again

It just shows you care

Every visit has just felt very normal with us, that's the best way I can explain it I think, not awkward at all
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

I didn't start LD, but I can say - you might have a day where you're a bit awkward around each other. Don't worry, that's very normal. You'll fall into old patterns pretty quickly.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

There's always that slightly awkward feeling after you've been apart but it usually goes away very soon - it is perfectly normal and I think it's a nice feeling because seeing him after a few months always feels like we're getting to know each other all over again and it can be exciting and new

Comment

I personally am just very excited to see him again... until the airplane lands in St. Louis. Then its like..oh wow I'm here..uhh ok..just focus on getting off the plane for now..don't forget (insert list of items brought on plane)..try not to run into people. Don't run, I know you want to but don't..that will most definitely cause you to run into people. Then I exit the gate, and see him in person for the first time in months. We hug, he shyly kisses me(in front of a lot of people) and I think..ok I'm with him, I'm "home". No more worries
            I don't wanna miss one smile
            I don't wanna miss one kiss
            Well, I just wanna be with you
            Right here with you, just like this
            I just wanna hold you close
            Feel your heart so close to mine
            And stay here in this moment
            For all the rest of time
            -- Aerosmith

Comment

and when we're on the plane together i stand up and point at the guy next to us going "there it is! do you see it? It's on the left!"

Comment

Originally posted by tharden0825 View Post
                and when we're on the plane together i stand up and point at the guy next to us going "there it is! do you see it? It's on the left!"
                Referring to his hometown, and practically falling out of the aisle seat to show it to me
                I don't wanna miss one smile
                I don't wanna miss one kiss
                Well, I just wanna be with you
                Right here with you, just like this
                I just wanna hold you close
                Feel your heart so close to mine
                And stay here in this moment
                For all the rest of time
                -- Aerosmith

Comment

I get super excited whenever I see my SO but my excitement feels like nerves sometimes! But once I see him everything goes back to normal

Comment

Whenever my so came back it was after a week or two so nothing was too weird, it was like nothing ever changed, however our upcoming reunitment it'll be about 5-6 weeks since we saw each other and that's the longest we've ever gone without seeing each other but I don't expect any weirdness
                    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
                    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
                    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
                    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
                    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

The nerves are natural but so worth it!

Comment

omg my weekend with him was amazing!! i was totally trying to run to find baggage claim and see him (i ran into someone). My heart was pounding but then i saw him and i couldnt help it, i dropped my bag (my laptop fell out but i didnt care) and literally jumped in his arms! I was nervous until then and then just a calming happy to be with him again

Comment

Aww, that's so lovely to hear!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                          X