Quintessential Romantic Weekend Away- LDR style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quintessential Romantic Weekend Away- LDR style

Hello my loves! This is probably going to be a multi-post story.

A few weeks ago, I met a guy via an online forum on which we were both posting. Eventually, it led to private messages which eventually led to us exchanging phone numbers. This led to texting and talking and video messaging and...planning to meet.

We live several hours apart. It's not like a hugely long distance, like coast to coast or 12 hours or anything like that...but it's a pretty significant drive, one we wouldn't be able to do every weekend, we'll say. Because of this, we decided mutually to meet halfway somewhere, a little bit of a romantic weekend away situation. This really seemed like a good option for us, as we could both be away from our hometowns, on equal footing, and able to be fully concentrated and invested in each other. I'm glad we decided to do this. We looked at a few different options, but ultimately decided on a quaint little Midwestern town on the water with lots of cute little spots.

Having not worked that Friday, I got to our charming Bed and Breakfast first. I got unpacked and comfortable, and then went into town to explore and pass the time. I felt nervous but excited. It was very couple-y, so I was feeling a bit lonely. After a bit, I made my way back to the BnB and shortly thereafter, I received a text message from him that he was on his way: "I'm coming for you." All of the sudden, it started to feel very real. It sort of hit me that...this was really happening.

So, I watched some TV to calm the nerves and pass the time. I got ready in the meantime at a very leisurely pace, at commercial breaks and what not. And, it really did help to keep my mind off things. If i had sat there for hours, thinking about it, I would have been a mess. Because he was getting into town on the later side, a lot of places were closed. We decided to meet at a coffee shop. So, I got all the final details done, hair up, lipstick on, and sat down to watch some more TV; shortly thereafter I received a text from him that he was about 45 minutes out. Now, I took that to mean 45 minutes-an hour out, because with traffic, not knowing directions, etc, you just never know. Here is where things went awry.

So, I was thinking 45 minutes, but could be an hour. And, I assumed that he would message me once he got to the outskirts of town, the general vicinity, to let me know he was about 10 minutes away. So, I'm all ready, watching TV, and I get the next text message....figuring it was the "10 minutes away" text message. Imagine my surprise when it was a photo of a cup of coffee, indicating he was already there. So, he was there, he didn't tell me ahead of time, and he had ordered without me. So...I was pretty upset. I thought he should have waited for me. Now, in his mind....he thought the 45 minute thing was the warning, and that he didn't need to follow it up. Now, me....45 minutes is a pretty flexible time frame, because like I said before....it could be an hour. It could be more. Only when you are actually in the area, are you looking at a concrete time frame. Also, I considered our thing more of a date situation, whereas he considered it a first meeting and that's all. Just...not a very good meeting of the minds.

But, moving on....so I am pretty ticked. I go with a major chip on my shoulder. I pull up to the coffeehouse, and it's quite busy. People sitting outside, live music blaring. So, I park my car, and take a couple of deep breaths. Even with my anger, I am still quite nervous. But, I don't want to lose my resolve either. In my mind, I had been wronged, and I didn't want to go in there and just fold like nothing was wrong. So, I take a peek in the window, and there he is, sitting at a table, reading the newspaper. And, he is beyond cuter than I had anticipated. I had seen numerous pictures of him...and video chatted...but you just never know what you are getting until you are there in person. I was pleasantly surprised, and I felt this rush of butterflies in my stomach.

So...I walk in, approach the table, and....well, nothing happens. He doesn't stand to greet me. No hug, no nothing. Strike 2. So, I sit down. I am cold. Distant. Upset. He knew I was upset, I had texted him as much, and my demeanor was confirming it. But, we talked a bit, and it slowly thawed my exterior. I was still guarded. I was still upset. But, I was calming down. He moved from across the table to right next to me so we could hear each other better. The coffee shop wasn't exactly what either of us expected. We were thinking it was going to be something quieter. So, eventually the "Let's get out of here" point comes and he offers to walk me to my car. Okay...this is a decent sign.

Except as we walk the what seems like 350 mile, but actually block and a half distance to my car, he kept a very respectable space from me. No shoulder bumping. And, the whole time, I am thinking in my head "hold my hand hold my hand hold my hand hold my hand..." and it never came. No hand holding. So, I get in my car, and he follows me back to our place. The entire drive back, my eyes are burning from these tears that weren't quite there, but just on the edge. But, my mind was just going in a million different directions, so I think it kept the tears from surfacing. I was trying to reconcile the disconnect between the guy I had been talking to for weeks who seemed so into me, so interested, and this guy who seemingly wanted nothing to do with me. It was clear that he didn't like me.

We get back to our lovely room. (It was amazing.) I still wasn't sure if I was going to cry, but my heart was racing, and I was breathing pretty heavily. So, I put on the bravest face I can, say "I'll let you get settled in" and I excuse myself. I go out to the balcony and just let the cool air wash over me. I take some deep breaths. I try to either let the tears flow or put the tears away. In the end, I didn't cry. So, I gather myself, try to be strong, and walk back in the BnB and back into our room.

He was in the bathroom, so I sat down in one of the chairs. All I knew was that here we were, in this odd situation, where I was going to be sharing a bed with a guy that didn't even like me. It was going to be a long night.

And it was.

Man, I'm really sorry to hear that... I hope things ended up better in the end.

Edit: I'm so happy to hear it got better!!
    Also, sorry I happened to post in the middle of your multiple post. :x
    Last edited by 5518MilesApart; April 21, 2018, 12:07 PM.

Follow our story on Tumblr~

Comment

So...when he emerged from the bathroom, he could tell something was off and sort of stopped in his tracks. He asked me if everything was okay. I could have beat around the bush and hinted or been vague. But, honestly...I just felt the need to put all my cards on the table. So I did. I said point blank...you didn't hug me, you didn't hold my hand, you didn't seem to want to treat our coffee date as a date sooooo....what am I supposed to think other than you aren't interested?

Without getting too detailed, at that point, he shared some personal details with me that reasoned out his behavior that evening. Like I said before, it was just so hard for me to understand how this guy who had been so smooth and confident and into me, was so shy and well, not into me. It made a lot more sense, in my mind, that he was just not interested than to believe that he had completely changed from one day to the next. Does this make sense? Anyway, after he shared with me where he was coming from, I was able to soften up, and allow us to properly get to know each other.

I won't get into details, because I'm a lady. But, we had an enjoyable, exploratory night together. One moment that sort of sticks out in my mind...the lights in our room was off, except for this old antique lamp sitting on this old antique dresser. We left it on, which provided a little bit of mood lighting, we'll say. So...in the middle of the night, God knows what time it was at that point...I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I came back, I sort of stood and looked at myself in the mirror. I am not a vain person, I promise. But...I was a changed person. I was a new person. And, I guess I was just seeing if I recognized myself, seeing if I looked different. (I did and I didn't) Anyway, so I am standing there, in this beautiful old room, in the glow of the antique lamp, and he just comes up behind me and hugs and nuzzles me and makes me feel so incredibly good and happy. And, for one of the first times in my life, I feel like a woman. Like a desired woman.

We spent the rest of the night in and out of sleep. Neither of us really had experience with sharing a bed with another person...sometimes, we were apart in the bed. Sometimes we were in each other's arms. Sometimes I would open my eyes, and he would be peacefully sleeping. Sometimes, I opened my eyes and he'd just be looking at me. Anyway...I slept pretty well. He said he didn't sleep particularly great. But, as I said, getting used to being in the same bed with someone else in a romantic way...it was just an experience that needs getting used to I think.

When I woke up bright and early the next day, I have seen enough TV shows and movies to be prepared...I got up and brushed my teeth first thing. You know...just in case. Anyway, we welcomed the new day, and headed downstairs for breakfast. For anyone whose done the Bed and Breakfast thing, it's an interesting experience, isn't it? It's primarily couples, and you find yourself sharing breakfast with other couples and listening to other conversations. We got to know each other better, too. It was lovely to share breakfast and stories of our lives and childhoods and views of the world. This was the beginning of a running joke with us...as I prefer pre-made chocolate milk, and he considers white milk with syrup the only real chocolate milk. We both decided this point of contention might be too much for our relationship to overcome. So, we now often joke with each other about chocolate milk.

We went back upstairs, and went out on the balcony. We just held each other and talked and then returned to the bedroom. The weather wasn't ideal for going out and doing things...it was chilly and drizzly. But, to spend the morning with the rain beating down and the wind howling as we held each other...it was pretty dang perfect. We talked and then didn't talk. And then talked and then didn't talk. And then slept. And then talked. And so on and so forth, all morning. At some point around noon or who knows when, we decided it was time to get lunch. Of course, those of you who know, know that getting ready isn't so easy. It takes like an hour and a half. First you have to voluntarily abandon the perfect little blanket cocoon you are quite enjoying. Then, every 5 minutes, you stop for a smooch or 20, or a hug, or cuddles.

It's hard to imagine being any happier than I was in that moment...but it was about to get even better.

Comment

So, as he took me out for lunch....I am swooning at my memories of it. Just the way he protectively touched me- putting his hand on my back, us holding hands...those are just some of my absolute favorite memories of the weekend. It's kind of opposite feelings, but I can best describe them as this: on one hand, it felt so new and exciting, and gave me all the tingles. On the other, it felt so completely natural. It felt like it had always been like this, like we had been together for years. It's just amazing to me how we as humans just...fit together.

So we made the quick drive downtown. The weather had cleared a bit. We found a little cafe that we had lunch at. I am a slow eater. And a talker. So I am a doubly slow eater. But, we were able to have a nice chat. As enjoyable as the physical stuff is, and oh my, it is....the weekend would have felt very shallow without these meals where we could get to know each other on a deeper level. I felt truly comfortable with him. It normally takes me a while before I can have these conversations and look people in the eye, but with him, it was just so easy. There was an ice cream shoppe next door to the cafe, so he suggested we go get some sweets. We each got a milkshake. And again, we sat and talked.

Once we were done at the lil ice cream parlor, we escaped down a cobblestone alleyway, and walked down toward the water. As I mentioned previously, it's a lovely area of town, quite couple-y, so it was nice to be able to be a part of that as well. So, we strolled hand in hand, as so many other couples were...and it was blissful. I am so glad we chose a neutral site for this very reason. Not that we couldn't do it in either one of our hometowns, but...this way, it just felt free. We were free to be a young couple enjoying each other's company. So we found a bench overlooking the water. Down by the water, it was a bit chilly, but I cuddled up to him, and he kept his arm around me, so...it was all good.

We people-watched as couples and families walked by, as well as watched boats going by along the water. I would say that we also snuck kisses, but that would indicate we were actually trying to be coy about it, and there was no "sneaking" about it. We were quite open with our affection. Now, personally, I think we were pretty tasteful about it. We weren't full on going at it on a park bench by the river. But...sometimes small kisses give way to big kisses, and you get caught up in it. At one point, a young boy walked behind us, unbeknownst to me, while we were smooching, and my guy said, "I think he got an eyeful" I giggled. And, maybe it was true. But...even if it was, it was probably the most innocent eyeful he was ever gonna catch.

Eventually, we got tired of the cold and decided to head back to our room. He's such a guy, as he couldn't help himself from pinching my backside on the way up the stairs. And, now that I am thinking about it.....maybe that's the reason he always let me walk up the stairs first. I thought he was just being a gentleman, but...now, I'm wondering. We spent much of the afternoon the same way we did the morning. However, the conversation kind of took a much deeper turn.

To understand how surprising the conversation became, let me just say this. At the beginning of the weekend, and even before, our thought process was that we are pretty far away from each other, so it's probably not going to work out. We wanted to meet, and we wanted to spend time together. But, neither of us were too keen on a long-distance thing. We wanted to give meeting a shot, though, so we did. (Clearly). Anyway, as the weekend went on, our feelings started to evolve. So, that afternoon, there were a lot of "If things work out between us..." statements and questions made. They were initiated by him, which thank goodness, because I am not sure I would have had the nerve to get that ball rolling. One of the biggies was, "I don't want kids, and you do....if things work out and we get to that point, is that a dealbreaker?" That is an intimate conversation that will stay between me and him, but ultimately, the biggest point is it shows at least some optimism or some eye on the future.

Actually, just prior to that, I had asked him if he felt like our weekend together had helped him as far as confidence in going back to dating when he got back home. I was genuinely asking out of concern, as I wanted him to have something positive to come out of our weekend together, if nothing else. I really was not expecting his response, which was, "What if I don't want to date anyone when I go home?" Now, once again, I am a bit thick, and maybe a little naive, because I didn't quite know what he was saying. He wasn't looking for relationships, just hookups? Or he still didn't feel comfortable with dating? Because of my confusion, he added on, "What if I already found the person that I want to date?" Still not believing what I was hearing, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding, I was like..."Me?" which he affirmed.

It was a super lovely afternoon into evening. But, disaster was about to strike.

We had run out of protection.

Comment

I don't know if you already know this or not... But I think this your cute story about your LDR would be better put in the Blog session no?

Comment

Originally posted by lelyta View Post
            I don't know if you already know this or not... But I think this your cute story about your LDR would be better put in the Blog session no?
            I didn't even know there was a blog section haha. (Despite it being right there across the top) That would have made sense.

Oh well...too late now.

Comment

Okay...so maybe it wasn't THAT much of a disaster. It was more comical than anything else. We were out? Really?!?! We could just get more when we went out anyway, right? No big deal...well maybe.

In the middle of the cuddles and whispers and all that glorious stuff that comes with it, I asked him how much he had researched me. You see, as we met from a forum site, with neither of our real names involved, we never moved to social media. So, we hadn't shared full names with each other yet, and kept a lot of the private details pretty private. It was very old school in that way, you know? In the days of old, you know like 20 years ago haha, when people went on first dates with other people, they didn't know their life story up front. They weren't able to look at tons of photographs. You learned each other over the course of the date. And, while that may not have been our intention, it was very much the same in this case.

Imagine my surprise when he told me he had found my Facebook.(I mean, it's not really that hard, just a matter of making the choice to do it) Imagine my further surprise when I found out he had read my FB page going back a couple of years. Imagine the biggest surprise of all in that I wasn't even all that upset with him. I should have been. I had gone in relatively blind, and he had not. And, it was a bit embarrassing that a number of these things that I had shared with him he actually knew already from my Facebook page...so that was kind of awkward. But...it was also comforting in a way that he knew so much about me, had seen all the pictures, even the bad ones...ESPECIALLY the bad ones, and he still wanted to meet me anyway.

The evening went on, and we decided it was time to go grab a bite to eat. So, we did a little casual Tripadvisor/Google research and were looking at a couple of Mexican joints, decided on one. And again, I am not sure I will ever get tired of holding hands with a boy while out and about. The interesting this about holding hands is....you don't really remember, or care, whose hands reached for whose first...you just know that they come together and it feels perfect. So, we were off to dinner. But, this is when the actual trouble strikes.

Both of our phones were dead as doornails. We really didn't do much paying attention to our phones the whole weekend, because, well ya know. But, there we were, in an unfamiliar town with no phones. He had his car charger, and plugged his phone in, but it would still take a while to get up to charge. I had looked at directions briefly before we left, and I remembered the actual directions on the map, but the names of the streets weren't exactly matching up to what I remembered seeing. So...did we go by the street names, or did we go by the memory of the directions? Well, we decided to go by street names, but it did feel like we were kind of lost, so we just drove around, lost for a while; eventually his phone came on, and we decided to go to our second option, which was still a little bit difficult to find, because the address was actually not drivable, because it was located in an alleyway.

But anyway, we got there, got our bellies full, had more lovely conversation. Maybe some footsie action. I promise, we are not teenagers! Ha. We are fully functioning adults. Hey, nothing wrong with a little footsie, right? Once we were done, the bad weather had sadly returned. It would have been nice to go for a romantic evening stroll, but it was cold and rainy, so that didn't happen. We made it as quickly as we could back to his car....a bit damp and disheveled, but otherwise, ready to return "home."

We stepped in the door and I realized....oh crap. We forgot. But...it was rainy and cold and late. So, I think were were both mutually resigned to the situation. We'd do what we could, we wouldn't do what we couldn't. We enjoyed just being with each other, apart from the other way. We were okay with it. There was some kissing and snuggling, but I fell asleep pretty quickly, as it had been a long day. Sometime in the middle of the night though...oh man, all Hades broke loose. I don't know if I woke him up or he woke me up or we both woke each other up....I don't know. It was like 1-2-3 in the morning. We were both ready to go. I am not sure how many times it's physically possible to say "We can't, we can't" in the span of 10-15 minutes, but I am pretty sure we broke whatever record existed. It was torturous.

Luckily, we were only half awake at the time, so sleep came calling to relieve us of our pain. Sadly, when we would wake up, it would be our last morning together.

Comment

Last mornings together are always the hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                  Last mornings together are always the hardest.
                  It was really, really tough. But, also really, really lovely. Both in ways I never could have anticipated.

Comment

I just wanted to say that I love your writing
                    Read my LDR story!
                    Facebook
                    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                      I just wanted to say that I love your writing
                      Thank you so much! That's so nice!

I love that I have someone/something to write about

Comment

Maybe it was because there were a bunch of windows in our room and there was a ton of light let in. Or maybe it was because the town we we visiting was an hour behind my own time zone. Or maybe it was just my body's reaction to having someone in my bed. (Our bed?) But, this weekend, something had me waking up particularly early, and the last morning was no different. I snuggled up to him, and once I noticed him stirring, I gave him a big ol' hug. This led to some very enjoyable smooching for a little bit.

But...it was the last morning, and we had to checkout before 10 o clock, so we couldn't really dawdle too much. We did take our time making it out of bed though. It was so warm, and comfy, I didn't want to leave! He was the first to make it out though, and started going through his bag while I am on my computer, and I hear him say, "Oh my God, I can't even right now." Eh, the verbiage was a little millennial for my tastes, but I did look up out of curiosity. And there he is, standing with a whole sleeve of unopened, well...yeah. You would have thought someone shot us through the hearts the way we groaned and carried on. It stung, for sure, but....there wasn't really anything we could do about it, so...I got up as well, and we started to get packed up.

This may sound bizarre, but this was one of my favorite parts of the whole weekend. We were both, ahem, au natural we'll say. Just....tidying up and picking clothes up off the floor and so on. But, it felt SO natural to me. I felt no shame. I felt no embarrassment. In the span of a weekend, I had become comfortable enough with him to be as open and free with him, as I had never expected or planned to be with ANYBODY. Ever. I was always going to be the girl that hides behind a blanket. Hides behind a towel. Sneaks away while no one is looking. But...with him it felt like I didn't have to hide. It actually makes me emotional now, just thinking about it, what a miracle it was to become so in tune with someone so fast.

But, alas, it was time to get dressed and head down to breakfast. There was an older couple down there that were just hilarious....ribbing each other, but in a sweet way. And, we couldn't help but laugh. It was so sweet and amusing. The little moments...they are easy to take for granted, but...they really are the best moments after all. Patting his bottom when no one was looking. And, he sat out my silverware for me, which I found monumentally sweet. And, the way when he walked by me to get coffee, he would graze or squeeze my shoulder. These are not big things. Yet, it felt wonderful. He and I chatted quietly for a little bit. We talked about keeping in touch....texting like normal, and work in phone calls and video chats a little more often. Then, he dropped the bomb.

He mentioned he gets vacation time each year, and he uses some of it to go visit his family out of state. But, maybe one of his vacation weeks, we could go take a vacation together? I was definitely, definitely not expecting that. He reasoned that it would give us more time to spend together...that we would have time to go out and do things, as well as stay in and....do things. I mean, his reasoning was sound, and I wasn't opposed to it, just shocked. It was about 9 o clock at this point, so we decided to head upstairs.

I continued to get all my stuff packed up, and he was going to go take a shower. He made the comment that I could join if I wanted. Which trust me...I wanted. But, I was already dressed, and I knew I would take forever to dry if I did, so I was a good, practical girl, and stayed in the bedroom packing. He emerged about the same time I was putting my shoes on to take some of my stuff out to my car. What little time we had left we spent holding each other and kissing and just prolonging the agony, I guess.

Then, the time came that we had to leave our humble abode. We took our sweet time walking down the stairs, and took our sweet time exiting the Bed and Breakfast. But, while we as humans are a brilliant species, we've still never mastered the ability to stop or slow down time. But, we did try to savor our last moments together nonetheless. We each loaded up our respective cars, and then shared a kiss, which led to another kiss. And another. And then, we were just pretty much full on kissing (tastefully, of course) standing outside, with my back up against my car. We enjoyed each other for a bit, and then all of the sudden this car driving down the street started honking at us, so we bust out laughing. He loved it, and screamed, "Thank you!" at them with bit of a fist pump. Myself, I think I looked down at my feet, red as a tomato. It was funny, and so worth it, but still a bit...blush-inducing. We kissed some more, but I wasn't ready to say goodbye, so I suggested we get in his car.

So, we sat and held hands and talked. Some little kisses here and there, but mainly just talking. About how amazing the weekend had been. We circled back to how hard it would be for it to work. But...ultimately, the "Well when you visit me in..." and "Yeah, when you come up, we can go to..." sentences worked their way into our conversation. At some point, I remember saying, "I didn't expect there to be these feelings." And I meant every word. I didn't want to go through the embarrassment of overstaying my welcome, and him saying, "You gotta go" to me (not that he would have), so I grabbed a couple last kisses for the road, and got out. But, then, I walked around the car to the drivers side, and he got out and we just shared a very sweet, very innocent last hug.

Then, I walked over to my car, got in, gave him one last wave, and drove away. It was hard, but not AS hard as you might think, for a number of reasons. No tears. Just felt bittersweet, that's all. So, that very nearly concludes the weekend. I guess that means there is just one final entry that will answer the ultimate question.....what's next?

Comment

Hope your next visits go great

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
                            Hope your next visits go great
                            Indeed. We shall see. Fingers crossed.

Comment

So....where do we go from here?

I had mentioned in the previous post that it wasn't as hard as you would think. And the reasons are diametrically opposed from each other. One one hand, I felt an odd sense of calm, of peace with the situation. Maybe even a bit of hope. But, mostly...just peace.

Here's the other side of it: this is not my first (or 5th) online dating rodeo. Best case scenario, the guys slow fade into oblivion. But, I know what it's like to think you have had the BEST. DATE. EVER. And then never hear from the guy again. I know what it's like to be certain a guy is really into you, then get ghosted. Then, 6 weeks later he reaches out out of boredom or curiosity, then ghosts again. I've seen the ugliness and the suckiness that comes from after the first meeting. Been there. Done that. And yes, bought the t-shirt.

Not that I expected it of him, but honestly, I expect it of everyone at this point. I have had my spirit broken one too many times after experiencing what I thought was a wonderful date to look at it any other way. So, I drove away at peace, slightly hopeful, but also a lot cynical. Sort of a "Well let's see" attitude.

It was about a 4 hour drive home, which I stopped for lunch and at my sister's house on the way, so 4 hours turned into 7 hours. When I got home, I checked my phone and sure enough, he had checked in to make sure I got home okay. Nice. It didn't get my hopes up too much, but it was a much better start than radio silence. A little bit later, he messaged me that he didn't want to sleep without me in the bed. Okay...very nice. But...again, not wanting to put too much stock in it. Maybe he hadn't quite come down off the high yet.

Backing this up a little bit...I know I didn't share every intimate detail of our weekend together, but I will share this one. Before he jumped in the shower, he pulled out a book of love poems that he brought along to read but never got around to and opened it to a specific page. So, I read the poem, and he stood beside/behind me, and it was just a very sweet, special moment of closeness. Now, I had brought along a little card that I had spritzed with perfume so I didn't have to back my whole bottle of perfume. So, when he went to go get in the shower, I took the card, put my lip gloss on and gave it a kiss, and used the card to mark the page of the book we had read. And, I slipped the book back into his bag. Yes, I know #adorable. Anyway, he did eventually find it, and found it quite sweet, which is good because that was kind of my intention.

The point is...at that point, the follow up correspondence had exceeded my admittedly low expectations. It was starting to feel like he was the exception to the rule that I had experienced for so long.

I won't bore you with all the details of every text or every conversation. But, I will give you the key points of where things stand right now.

We do talk/text every day, at least a little. Some days, it's not much. Some days, we get more. Some days, we have a video chat. So, the positive is, we have kept the conversation going. It hasn't died off yet. (hopefully, never!)

We are not an item, officially. He is free to see other women. I am free to see other guys. And, with LD, that's a real tough place to be. I am happy with where we are at with each other, honestly. I don't need a label. I just want to keep talking him and seeing him and seeing how things go. That said, I would be lying if I said it wouldn't bother me to find out he has...physically been with other women during our time apart. The road to exclusivity is a complicated one...so much so that I created a whole 'nother thread to cover it. Here's the link:

https://members.lovingfromadistance....l-Difficulties

So, he will be coming to visit me over Memorial Day weekend. I'd like to think a guy wouldn't put forth that much effort unless he truly liked me, but I don't want to assume too much. If the weather is good, we'll go to a state park and do some hiking. I'll show him around my hometown a little bit, show him my old stomping grounds. There is so much I would love to do, but only so many hours in a day. I just try to be optimistic and think....we can do the things we don't get to the next time. Thinking there will be a "next time" keeps me going.

We also have tentative plans for me to come down to visit him in June, although no dates yet. But, we have talked about some things we could do or places we could go while I'm down there. I think once Memorial Day comes, we'll maybe firm up some plans. He did invite me to stay with him at his place, which I haven't decided on yet. See aforementioned complications via link for my stance on that possibility.

So, all in all, I'd say things are heading in a good direction. It's good to have hope. So, I hope you guys enjoyed hearing about my successful, and maybe a little surprising, first visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X