Meeting for first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting for first time

Me and my SO meet for the first time next month, she is coming to visit me for 4 days but i can't help but feel extremely nervous. I've been completely open about every part of my life (family/my background/my own looks etc as we video chat all the time. I am the exact same person online as i am in person but for so reason in my mind i keep thinking what if she doesn't feel the same about me in person as i believe i'll feel about her. I can't help but feel nervous as i love this girl alot. I've known her for around 1 year and we I've never let a female get to know me so well. I just feel kinda scared that it may go wrong somehow and i can't help it. I even started questioning things, should i hug her? would that be too much? would she like it? all these type of things and its just messing with my head. I probably sound a bit stupid saying all this though.

Hi and welcome.
    It's normal for couples to feel this way before meeting for the first time. Just let her set the parameters if you're worried about coming on too strong. Or when you first meet ask her if it's ok to hug. First meetings always stir up emotions and you do often wonder if you'll connect the same way in real life as you do online. As the day draws closer nerves and excitement will increase but don't try and think of what can go wrong, look forward to getting know her in person and enjoy each other's company. Best of luck for the meet up. Please tell us how it went.

Comment

Bit of a late update but things actually went better than i ever expected. We got on even better in person than we did online. It was the nicest 4 days I had in my life and made me realise how much i love her and how she loves the the person i am i booked two visits to her now. August and October. Then she visits for 2 weeks over Christmas and new years. And maybe more visits in between. It certainly can work. I've never felt the way i do now until i met her
      Felt it was best to give you guys an update!

Comment

AR1993 That is wonderful to hear. I'm so happy for you.

Comment

Working...
        X