The worst part about visiting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part about visiting...

...would definitely be saying goodbye. The first visit he came out to see me for 3 weeks, so I assumed it was easier if you were the one leaving. It's not. Selfishly, I have to admit that it is a bit better having to come home rather than have someone leave it; but it could also be different had I stayed out there for 3 weeks.

I have a really hard time with "adjusting back to normal". I know it's important not to push away your SO while dealing with the separation again, and maintaining close contact as soon as you get back - but I struggle with this. I envy the couples who can video chat the day the other one leaves; I'm a crying mess who is trying to fight being a crying mess lol. I know I'll be okay in a few days but ugh... I really don't like this. I was dreading going out because I knew I would have a hard time when I got back. I feel bad for even thinking this but visits are hard.

Anybody else feel the same way?

My boyfriend just left me for our third year in college. We have been lucky enough to be together for the past three months for summer, but now begins the awful school year where we attempt to make time and visits in between piles of homework, class, and the hundreds of dollars it costs to see each other.

I am a mess at the moment. I am lying in my bed hysterical crying unsure of what to do at the moment. I completely know how you are feeling and I am glad to know I'm not the only one who experiences this. I don't know what to do here without him, and I am dreading going back to my own school this week because it only makes our distance further away. Saying goodbye SUCKS!

Comment

Working...
    X