How long did you wait to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did you wait to meet?

For those of you who met their SOs online or otherwise, and not in the flesh, how long did you wait before you met for the very first time?
    Curious to know people's situations and stories.

We didn't officially start dating until after we met in person, but I think he asked if he could come see me about 3 months before our meeting in person. We live fairly close, though, so it's not as much of a commitment as it would be to go to Australia or something, for example.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

My now husband and I waited about 5 months to meet. But to be fair we only waited 2 months before purchasing the tickets for me to fly out to him.

Comment

with my last 2 LDR's (before current SO) the first time i waited nearly a year and a half but that was more because pf our situation of the time that we needed to. With the one after that we waited about 8 months before meeting in person. The biggest reason for this was mostly because tickets to the US aren't the cheapest and being a college student i didn't have a lot of money. My current SO, i think we literally waited like 2 weeks or something, I fell hard and fast and with her only being 100 miles away rather than the 5000 i was used to, took the opportunity up pretty fast :P
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

We first met after six months and almost a half. I bought airplane tickets about one month after we started our relationship, as we stated the dates when we were free. But I caught a cold on the first or second day there (Korean winters are colder than French ones), so I regretted not to have waited two more months.

Comment

From the time we first met online...three years and one month. From the time we actually started talking every day, two years and four months. He wasn't able to come to the US on a tourist visa, and I didn't want to travel internationally alone, plus neither of us had much money.
            sigpic

Comment

Nearly three years....We've met in the third year in Turkey.We did chose the location together as it was so easy for both of us to get a turkish visa

Comment

Working...
              X