Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meeting for the first time after 7 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting for the first time after 7 years!

Hi everyone!
    My first time on the forum. In 2011, when I was 13, I met a guy on Twitter. We both loved the same music and we started chatting. It wasn't long before I started to have feelings for him, because the boys in my life at that time were nothing like him. He was very studious and respectful and we just got on so well. He was 14. In 2012, we gradually became closer. We added each other on Skype and had our first phone call, which I was so nervous about. We had our first video call which didn't go that well, it was very awkward and we were both a bit different to our imaginations. Anyway, we got over it and had many video calls after that. Then, he entered the senior years of High School and his parents didn't want him talking to me because they thought it would be too distracting. So, throughout 2013, we had all of 1 conversation. At the end of 2013 he came back, and we were close again over the school holidays. Then, 2014 came along and he had the final year of High School to contend with. Again, over that year we had all of one conversation. But, we couldn't stop thinking about each other and couldn't forget each other. At the end of that year, he contacted me and was very excited to organise meeting up. But alas, it didn't happen. He didn't come to Melbourne, of which I'm still unsure why, and I didn't go there. My parents were too worried about it. I was 16. We had a few fights over that time. Then, I had my final years of High School to get through. We didn't talk a great deal, and had many fights because we were both too busy to talk a lot and miscommunicated. Again, we talked about meeting but it didn't happen. My parents really didn't want to me to do it because they thought it was dangerous, and I don't really know what his had to say about it. The years kept rolling on, and we kept going months without speaking because we'd have fought. We're both Uni students and very dedicated to study and having successful careers. Anyway, about a month ago he contacted me again and said he really wanted me in his life. We agreed to be friends, but as soon as we heard one another's voices again it was clear that there was more than friendship. Anyway, I'm 20 now and I've booked my ticket to go and visit him in my uni break because I've decided enough is enough. My parents are worried but finally accept it's something I have to do. I am so unbelievably nervous, so I just wanted to hear from anyone who might have experienced something similar. What is it like to meet someone in person after knowing them only online for 7 years?! How do you do something like this without having a complete melt down? I am going for 5 days.

Thank you in advance!
    XXX

Hi LimeRose,

What an amazing story. You both have been through a lot just to be in each other lives Kinda like Romeo and Juliet. Kinda without the drinking poison part. Meeting your LDR for the 1st time can be daunting not going to lie to you, even scary. You must feel super nervous and worried about what your parents think and your own thoughts. It's perfectly normal and it's ok. It means you care!

There are so many factors to discuss here, which I won't go into in this thread as I'm limited by word count so here are some gems for you:

1. Live in the present - Don't worry about what might and might not happen, what you should say or not say, will he like your hair colour, does he have a good breath in person. All that will take away from the beautiful expereince of actually being in each others presence.

2. You're both only human: He is bricking it (shitting his pants) to see you, he will be thinking the same things as you and have the same fears and doubts, it's normal and it's ok. So help him out a little and be yourself. It will help him to be calm. He will try his best to impress you, say corny jokes etc etc. It's sooooo important to be yourself with someone so show him it's ok. My girlfreind and her mom taught me that one.

3. Be free: When you actually see each other face to face, eyeball to eyeball - go with your first reaction. You can only make the 1st impression once so might as well go with the flow. If you want to hug him, hug him, kiss him, kiss him, do the shuffle I don't know just do it. Take that sweet moment and let it live out between you both. It will the only time you get to do that for the 1st time. My girlfriend after not seeing me for 3 months after we became LD ran up to me at the airport, jumped on me and refused to get dwn. It was super cute and although I was like wtf, I saw how jealous the other guys were and carried her out like a G!

4. Remember point 2: You've been talking for ages so the convo should be fine, it's ok to have the awkward silence, it will go as soon as you both realise you can be comfortable.

5. Let him plan the dates: As men, we get 'man points' when think we are doign manly things and being decisive. So don't even fret about what you're doing (obviosuly let your folks know about your whereabouts and put a tracker in your purse - Kidding, put it in your socks, he'll never suspect a thing.....). Just turn up, look cute and let him fulfil his role, remember if he really likes you, he'll be trying to impress you. When my gf would visit she would ask 'what should I wear tonight?' I would say, whatever makes you feel sexy and confident and I'll handle the rest. She told me recently that she loved when I did things like that as it built anticipation and allowed her to relax and enjoy the date.

These things have been tried and tested by me and my gf - Not the exact situation but we dated for 1 month before she went back to Germany and it was 3 months until we saw each other again so kinda like the same.

Either way, you're on your way to something great. Don't stress and bring your 'knock em out dress' and be you as if he can't like you how the hell will he love you.

Let us know how it went.

Iamkimron mwah!

Comment

Working...
    X