Sadness over SO leaving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sadness over SO leaving...

My bf and I have been together since March of 2015 and both went away to school in August of 2016. We have a very loving, physical (cuddling, hugs, hand holding) close relationship. He is my best friend in the entire world. We go to school 1,350 miles apart and are fortunate enough to see each other fairly often. For me to get to him, it can take about 10 hours and a minimum of $400 for me to spend the weekend with him. But it is so worth it. I am now looking forward to my fall break when I can go visit him, in 48 days (I know, I know, it could be worse).

He left me today for school and I will be going to mine in 4 days, but I am deeply depressed at his departure. I do this every single time. Crying all day, sad to be in my own bed, everything reminds me of wanting to be with him, it's terrible. I try to distract myself but its very difficult for me.

Any tips on how to deal with the aftermath of separating? How do you keep yourself busy and happy? I miss him so much already that it hurts my heart.

Personally I would suggest to try to distract yourself as much as you can at first,and then,you will get used to it. You've been through this before,you can do it! Usually when my SO is busy ans we can't talk for some time,I dance. Or go out for a walk,go to the restaurant with my family or my friends,play videogames,study. Remember that it hurts just for a bit,and that someday you will be together all the time and this will not have to happen again. So don't be sad! You're in love and someone is in love with you. Distance is just a temporary problem. Do something you enjoy doing to express yourself and your emotions without feeling bad! It could be drawing,dancing,singing,running,doing physical exercise or just watching a movie. Everything will be ok <3

Comment

Working...
    X