When you first met-former nevermets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you first met-former nevermets

I'm curious to hear people's first meetings with their SOs.

How long did you meet for?

Where did you go?

Were you nervous?

Were you alone together, or with friends or family?

My SO came to visit me for a long weekend (arrived Friday evening, departed Monday morning).

We just stayed in town. He took me out on our first date the night he arrived and we did stuff (mostly getting food) around town the next couple days.

We were both nervous! That's quite normal for first times.

I met my SO in public (at the train station), but he stayed at my apartment with just me. He didn't meet my family or friends until later in our relationship. It was kind of a risky move on my part, but we'd also been talking seriously for several months and webcammed several times before meeting. I told my best friend about his visit so somebody would know.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

For our first meeting, I visited him after 10 months of serious talking and several long video chats.

We met at the airport and he brought me to see his sister and brother in law, his sister's MIL and FIL. We went to his house and I spent my 11 days there.
      We went to the science museum for our first date, had lunch with some of his family and just did stuff around the town.
      He had me meet all of his family those 11 days - it was a LOT to take in but he just was so proud to have a girlfriend, he wanted everyone to see.

My family knew where I was and I stayed in touch.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We met after 6 months of talking.
        He drove 2,500 kms to visit me. We met at a local cafe and hung out. He stayed in. Hotel the next town over. A few days later he dropped in on his way home and I suggested he stay at my place, by this stage I felt comfortable with him and wanted to save him the expense of another hotel room seeing he had so much driving and petrol to purchase. 3 weeks later, we scheduled another visit where I flew to him.

I always let my family or friends know where we were. My husband didn’t have a problem with that and willingly offered my dad his mobile number for peace of mind.

Comment

My BF and I met in person for the first time on August 2017. It was kind of risky since I was traveling on my own, and it was my second time flying, but my family and friends had most of his information.

He picked me up at the airport, and I stayed at his place. For our first date, we went to eat to a really nice restaurant, and then we walked for a little bit. I was supposed to stay for 5 days, but the in 2nd day, a hurricane arrived in town which cause my flight to be canceled for several days, so at end I stayed for 12 days. Mostly what we did was to stay home, due to the huricane, but I loved it, and it really helped us to connect and get to know each other better. We had some rough days since we were not prepared at all for the hurricane, but we always supported each other, and we even celebrated his birthday with the little resources.

Comment

My bf and I met after a year of chatting and video calling , that was last April 2016. He's from Canada and I'm from the Philippines but we met in taiwan. my mother was worried but I was so cool with our setup. I didn't get nervous, I was excited!! We toured some places in Taiwan with his mom and sometimes with his other relatives in Taiwan.

Comment

I first visited my SO during two weeks, in February 2017. We were dating for six months and a half at this time. We met at Incheon airport, then we went to a hotel in the center of Seoul, as I was unsure that her family would approve me to stay in their place as she lives with them.

We went to several areas of Seoul, and in the middle of my trip, we went to Japan together, in Tokyo and we spent Valentines Day in Yokohama. The trip was planned about a couple of months before our first meeting.

I was a bit nervous right when I arrived at Incheon airport, until she surprised me from behind - I also was feeling tired as I couldn't sleep in the flight from Helsinki to Seoul. She made me feel comfortable from the first instant.
              I also was nervous when we came back to Korea (from Japan), because we got to know that Kim Jong-nam (from North Korea, living in Macau) was killed in Kuala Lumpur airport, and South Korea accused North Korea of this murder. But the next days were fine.

I was travelling alone, but I met her parents a few times during the trip, and we also met a few friends of mine, in Korea and Japan. My family wasn't worried as they have seen her in a few video calls and as I've seen her parents as well before my trip. I also told my family about my trip when I was there.

Comment

Since I've been in 3 LDR's that were all different i guess i get to do this 3 times :P

First SO first meeting was when i was 17, she lived in PA, USA, I lived in Scotland, UK. My mum paid for most of the flights ar a present to me for passing my exams and such.
                I went to stay with her for 10 days after knowing her for about a year and a half, my mum is very trusting and although was nervous about me traveling internationally myself she had spoken to my SO and to my SO's parents to know they weren't going to kidnap me or something. I guess i was a little bit nervous but i was mostly really excited, as i said before we'd been talking for a long time before this so was really just anticipating getting to actually see her in person. We spent most of my time there going places with her family as we obviously weren't really old enough to go many places on our own.

Second SO first meeting was when I was 19, she lived in WA state and i was still living in Scotland now a bit older with more money to actually spend on traveling. Bought the flight myself, which resulting in my debit card being deactivated because my bank ddidn't believe i'd made the transaction which was sort of funny, what wasn't funny was me trying to get the bank to actually activate it again haha. Anyway, I also went for 10 days this time after being with her for about 8 months. Yet again i wasn't really nervous, just excited, my SO was really really nervous and spent the first day nervously holding my had and stuff, she got used to it after that though. We had some more independence this time with her living in her own house and did loads of different things like going to the movies, trying different restaurants, going on big shopping trips and playing crazy golf. it was just a good time honestly.

My current SO lives in England...and I now live in England with her!
                Since we only had like 160 miles or something between us it wasn't too bad and certainly a lot cheaper than it was to visit past SO's. I got the train down to see her and yeah this time i really was nervous to see her. I took full advantage of her being so close by and went to meet her after only talking for a few weeks. It was basically i knew i liked her and wanted to meet up before some other girl had a chance to swoop in their and steal her :P I spent a day and a half with her and we didn't really do much apart from go shopping and go for a nice dinner but it obviously must have left a lasting impression or i wouldn't be living with her now haha
                my girls <3

Josie (SO)
                Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
                Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
                Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
                Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
                Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
                Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
                Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
                All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment