Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling nervous and like running away before meeting him

Hello everyone,
    I want to share this with you because I really don't know how to deal with these feelings.
    I've been in a long distance relationship since one year (we were both in Europe for the first months and then he transferred to Singapore).
    Since he transferred last March, we met twice, and both times i started to get really nervous about meeting with him. Like I really want to meet him, but when the time is getting closer instead of looking forward to it I don't want to meet anymore. I think he doesn't fit in my life anymore and I don't fit in his and I feel weird. I think, what am I doing, why am I doing this, does this whole thing make any sense at all.
    I have these feelings just before our get-together time, when we are together I am happy and for the rest of the time, in those 3/4 months in which we are not together I miss him really badly.
    And then I arrive there, at the airport, and it actually takes some strength just to get out at the arrivals and see him. And when I see him for the first minutes my heart doesn't open, I feel like I just shut down, until I we get home and I start getting comfortable.

Now, in 15 days I fly to Singapore, I stay there one month, on top of this I meet his family. I'm starting to think that I don't want to take the flight that brings me to him, even though I always looked so much forward the time I would be meeting his family and taking this relationship a step further.

Does this happen to anyone? Do you think feeling this is in some way reasonable?

Time apart can make you feel like you’ve lost that physical connection and you might seem a bit withdrawn. I used to feel like that before reuniting with my SO, I’d be shy and quiet and then once I got comfortable I’d open up and feel happy and chatty again. After about the 4th or 5th visit those feelings disappeared and I was more at ease with us as a couple and I was able to fully let my guard down. Having your guard up with questions like these are normal to protect yourself from getting hurt too. How did you feel after this last visit?

Comment

Working...
    X