Feeling sad before first visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling sad before first visit

I have got my flights booked and requested the time away, and the date is getting nearer. But instead of feeling really happy and excited, I'm feeling sad. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this? Pre-visit sadness?
    I was happy and excited at first, but now it seems to have disappeared.

When I was in a long distance relationship, the couple of weeks leading up to a visit were weird. Sometimes we were really excited and bubbly but other times we would nit pick and fight more over silly things. There were a lot of emotions flying around. Those can be magnified for a first visit, since there is so much anticipation to see if things translate well in real life from online.

It may be helpful to figure out what you are sad about -- for me writing out my feelings sometimes helps. Are you sad because you are already thinking about having to say goodbye once the visit is over? Is it a reaction to the stress of planning that is taking away from the "high" associated with knowing you will see your love soon?
    So, here you are
    too foreign for home
    too foreign for here.
    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Originally posted by Ejoriah View Post
      When I was in a long distance relationship, the couple of weeks leading up to a visit were weird. Sometimes we were really excited and bubbly but other times we would nit pick and fight more over silly things. There were a lot of emotions flying around. Those can be magnified for a first visit, since there is so much anticipation to see if things translate well in real life from online.

It may be helpful to figure out what you are sad about -- for me writing out my feelings sometimes helps. Are you sad because you are already thinking about having to say goodbye once the visit is over? Is it a reaction to the stress of planning that is taking away from the "high" associated with knowing you will see your love soon?
      It's likely all of those things. I do think about saying goodbye, even though I know I shouldn't. I have spent a lot of time thinking of when I arrive too, and far more than the leaving. All the planning, saving and researching has been very stressful for me. I am kinda stressed about being there too. I know I will have a very early start on the day, which will mean next to no sleep, although I expect too be far too excited for that anyway. How can so many emotions be involved at once?! It's exhausting!

Comment

Working...
      X