This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never done this before, need encouragement/advice

Hi all, I started talking to this guy on Wednesday and it's been almost a week. I'm super into him and I'm having so much fun talking to him (we play video games a lot). We had planned to meet up in May after my mom said she would fly me to see him in Boise (which was amazing in itself). Now we are moving it up to April 12 - 14, we both wanted to see each other sooner rather than later.

Now I'm a bundle of nerves and excitement. I've never done anything like this before. I've got a lot of 'what ifs' going through my head. I know that it's not a good idea to focus on all the possible scenarios. My main worry is that our chemistry won't translate to real life.

Did your first meeting include all of this? Was cute awkward or painfully awkward? Are we moving too fast?
    Why do we fall and not rise into love?
    Because you become vunerable in it.
    -jangandfox (on instagram)

Ours was a bit awkward at first but after a few hours the nerves went away. We tried to be ourselves and tried not to worry about all the possible scenarios. It’s good you’ve got your mum going with you too. Best of luck. Please update us on how it goes.

Comment

Our first meet was on Valentine's Day, though I hadn't booked it specifically for the date. I was very anxious about everything it entailed. Flying alone, connecting flights, going to America, meeting for the first time, and staying with him. There was also talk of meeting his mum! I was very excited on the plane, I couldn't wait to get off!
      It took me 2 hours to get through security when I arrived there, and I got questioned at customs as well. Then I got a bit nervous, but it felt kind of surreal. I couldn't really believe I was actually there, and I was genuinely going to meet him when I got upstairs!
      When I got through, I text him to say where I would appear. We didn't find each other straight away, but when we did I was in shock. It was so overwhelming to actually be there with him after 8 months of messages, emails, video calls and parcels. We had a huge hug, and I didn't want to let him go. It didn't feel awkward to me at all. It just felt completely natural and normal. I wasn't anxious around him or nervous or awkward. It was wonderful. The chemistry definitely translated for us.
      Last edited by Atlantic Crossroads; March 26, 2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redheart14 View Post
        Ours was a bit awkward at first but after a few hours the nerves went away. We tried to be ourselves and tried not to worry about all the possible scenarios. It’s good you’ve got your mum going with you too. Best of luck. Please update us on how it goes.
        My mom isn't actually going with me but she wants me to be in touch (I always am anyway). I actually expressed him last night how nervous I was. He reassured me which was nice. I buy the tickets/hotel tonight, so hopefully all stays well until the date *crossed fingers emoji*

Comment

Hey! First meetings are always nerve-wracking, but if the chemistry is there, then the awkwardness and nerves will dissapate. Not to give unsolicited advice, but just make sure you're being safe about all this. Idk the details but if you've only known him for a few weeks, make sure he isn't a catfish or anything like that. I'm sure you know what you're doing but this is just the worrier in me coming out!! Good luck with everything!

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
            Hey! First meetings are always nerve-wracking, but if the chemistry is there, then the awkwardness and nerves will dissapate. Not to give unsolicited advice, but just make sure you're being safe about all this. Idk the details but if you've only known him for a few weeks, make sure he isn't a catfish or anything like that. I'm sure you know what you're doing but this is just the worrier in me coming out!! Good luck with everything!
            Thanks! We actually moved it to the end of May, our lives are very busy and we were both a bit nervous. We've video chatted a lot so I know he's real. I think it'll be fin just because of the simple fact that when we chat I'm just in my lounge about, hair all messy, no makeup look. haha.

Comment

Working...
            X