Suddenly Extra Self-Concious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly Extra Self-Concious

Hey everyone! I'm meeting my SO (we haven't made it official but it's easier to call him that) for the first time on the 31st of May (18 days!). And while I'm excited and nervous I have found that my self-esteem has hit a low point. I've never really had good self - esteem to begin with but now that I'm going on the new adventure I'm becoming a lot more critical.

I'm looking in the mirror and seeing all the "bad parts" of myself and trying to figure out how to fix them within the few weeks I have left. Like excess hair (thank you PCOS *eye roll*), even the way smell. I'm trying to be perfect, depsite the fact that human beings aren't.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them before the first meet? (and how did you overcome it?)
    Why do we fall and not rise into love?
    Because you become vunerable in it.
    -jangandfox (on instagram)

I was nervous about my little flaws but honestly he loved every one of them. By the time he left I felt like the most beautiful woman in the world. Not to mention he had the very same worries!

Comment

I was quite self conscious about our first meeting as well. I just accepted that I looked how I looked, and he'd like me or not. There's not much else you can do.
      Obviously, take care of the essentials, but let the rest just be as it is.

Comment

First time meets will always be nerve wracking but remember he likes you for you rather than your idea of what is perfect x

Comment

Everytime I meet im nervous about how do I look etc. what if got uglier or something like that. Actually a stuppid mindset but it is the way it is.
          To overcome it, whenever I arrive at the airport I look for my outfit which I choose at home to put on when im there. because it is a flight for 10 hrs I choose to change clothes lol
          Anyway I just kinda fresh up on the airport and then get myself together put my nicest smile on and just walk into his arms lol

Its all you can do, just give it time and try to love yourself because he loves you in many ways!

Comment

Working...
          X