Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with the first time meeting

Hi guys!

I met my boyfriend 1 year and 7 months ago. We became a couple almost 10 months ago. I'm 18 years old and he's 17. We both live in Europe, he's from Germany and I'm from Hungary.
    Our first meeting would be in 34 days, he'll travel here by carpool. Since he's not 18 yet he has to fill a paper, and he needs at least one of his parents' signature.

My mom is totally okay with it, but his parents are really difficult.
    His mom wasn't okay with it, but now she has no problem with us. His dad is still kind of angry at him because of this. He thinks he's too young to travel here, and that the distance is too big (it's not that big, 639 miles), so our relationship cannot work.
    My boyfriend said that if his father won't agreee to this travel then he won't come. Because if he comes without the dad's permission, then his dad will be angry at him and at his mom too, and he doesn't want this.

We both really want him to travel here, so I'd like to ask you guys to help us, how we should convince his dad about this.

I been there too, angry parents etc. its hard because you dont want them to be angry and you dont want to leave when they are angry.
    But believe me they will "accept' if it is really his/your choice.

As in my experiece: I was alone, girl, young and never travelled alone that far AND to a man which I didnt know well, ofcourse they were angry!
    sometimes you argue but they knew I would still go, on that point they just layed their selfs down. The day I had to leave my country they were emotionally but at the end my dad wanted me to discover it, if it was wrong I had a change to learn from it!

Sooo what I want to say is, dont get angry on them, just explain how much you want it, tell your plan, tell were he will stay etc. so they have a safe feeling by it. Then just do it. ( the moment when I told my parents about all of this they were super angry and all I said was; I bought the ticket already; cant recommend that step but you have someting to prove)
    Thats all you need to do. Its once in a life experience. ofcourse it is hard that he needs permission but maybe get a talk with mom and maybe she can change his dads mind.

However goodluck and let me know how it went!

Comment

Thank you really much for your answer! I'll definitely tell this to my boyfriend too.

Yeah, we also booked the ticket too, but he's afraid that if he tells this to his dad, he'll be angrier, but i think it worth a try.
      He said that he'll try to talk to his dad today, after he got home from work and also if it won't be successful, then he'll ask his mom to help.

I'll let you know what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dFruzsi00 View Post
        Thank you really much for your answer! I'll definitely tell this to my boyfriend too.

Yeah, we also booked the ticket too, but he's afraid that if he tells this to his dad, he'll be angrier, but i think it worth a try.
        He said that he'll try to talk to his dad today, after he got home from work and also if it won't be successful, then he'll ask his mom to help.

I'll let you know what will happen.
        Try to talk when his dad isnt already stressed out. First time I told my dad I took him out to drink something by a bar. It kinda killed the scarry thing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar939 View Post
          Try to talk when his dad isnt already stressed out. First time I told my dad I took him out to drink something by a bar. It kinda killed the scarry thing for me.
          Thank you really much!

Comment

Sooo my boyfriend talked with his mom too and she said that his dad is mostly afraid of the travel. He's scared that something, like an accident will happen. So now our next "task" is to make him kinda trust this company. Any idae how to make this easier?

Comment

Sooo my boyfriend talked with his mom too and she said that his dad is mostly afraid of the travel. He's scared that something, like an accident will happen. So now our next "task" is to make him kinda trust this company. Any idae how to make this easier?
              Well it is his feeling. Just give him the location of were you live with him, travel info where to and what you do. My parents were the same but you cant change that . Just show them that you are prepared well amd always stay calm. Let them know when u arrived and just text them everyday. It works out well.

Comment

Everything is good now. He said he can come here. Soo 26 days to gooo.

Comment

Everything is good now. He said he can come here. Soo 26 days to gooo.
                  Thats great news. I happy for you both. Goodluck!

Comment

Working...
                  X