Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time visit as a couple!

So today I came back from my trip to Suriname 🇸🇷
    These 3 weeks we had together were amazing.
    I came to Suriname on a Saturday, my taxi driver who I know for 4 years picked me up.
    My love wanted to give me some time to rest but I couldn’t care less about sleeping or what so ever.
    So he came to visit me that same evening.
    I remember to hug him for the first time and the smell of his perfume.
    I didn’t want to let go of him so we stood there for like 10 minutes just hugging, in the middle of the street.

On Monday it was his birthday. I gave him a leather bracelet and he was so happy with it.
    I noticed in the days after that he wasn’t wearing it, so I asked him about it.
    He told me that we was going to wear it once I was going home, so it would remind him of me when I am gone.

I booked an apartment in the city for 3 weeks, together with a very good friend of mine.
    But I stayed there just a few nights. The other nights I was home with him.
    I met all of his family members and friends. I was part of their traditions and his daily life and that felt amazing.
    We spent a few nights in the jungle. It was so romantic being there with just the two of us.
    Enjoying nature and all it’s creatures, not getting disturbed or distracted by our phones.
    I absolutely loved it.

After these 3 weeks saying “see you soon” was the hardest.
    I cried so much because Suriname always felt as home and now even more.
    I am going back at the end of January, so I will start counting down the days again.
    I still have to study for another 2 years, it will be hard but I am so sure that we will survive.
    At home everybody knows about it and they all support me. So that’s a great feeling.
    I am really looking forward to share more memories with him and built on a future together!

Glad your visit went well! At least you have another countdown so that will help.

Comment

Thank you, I am very happy it all went well.
      It is a big help that I have another countdown

Comment

Working...
      X