Goodbyes getting harder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbyes getting harder

Does anyone else find that each goodbye gets harder than the one before? I dropped my husband off at the airport a week and a half ago and i am struggling super hard. He was here for 63 days this last visit and I just cant get back into my routine with him not here. Its getting so hard to be positive about literally everything. I know we are fortunate that we get to spend close to a month together every 6-8 weeks, but i am absolutely miserable when we are apart. Any words of wisdom or advise would be so appreciated!!
    Last edited by Lacey; September 14, 2019, 04:57 PM.

I went through a period where goodbyes got progressively harder, too. I'm not sure it ever gets easier, but for me if got more normal, so it doesn't take as long to get over the heartache. I think it helps to have an idea of when the next visit will be. Some days you let yourself mope, and some days you gotta force yourself to adult again. Hoping it gets easier for you!
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you!! Today is easier. some days are just so hard. And its easy to let yourself be down...at least for me it is!

Comment

You're right Lacey. Sometimes it is easier to let yourself down. Especially after you've been doing it for a few years.

Comment

I hate that I have to keep hanging in there, but it makes logical sense. I wish I could just give up simply because I can't be with him when I want to. Period. Which of course is just selfish emotion talking. It makes me so mad. He says that I need to not stress and I know when I do it stresses him also. He has patience. "Patience" has been a struggle for me forever so.... I feel like a 10 year-old brat sometimes after we part. As if I've been forced to leave the amusement park. I'm 46 (grown). We've been in the LDR for 2.5 yrs. I should be use to it by now, and I am, except every now and again It feels like a big freaking tease and it makes me want to just throw in the towel for good. Sometimes I feel like I'm not cut out for it.

Comment

Working...
          X