Missing him so much already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing him so much already

So my "friend" and I have a very complicated relationship. We have been best friends for 8 years. We had been together for about a year or so sometime in the middle but realized that it may be good to keep ourselves open for the possibilities of people coming into our lives that live closer since neither of us are willing to move at this point. Finally this last Thursday I flew out to meet him. I was so excited and we had such a fun weekend together. We had the hard conversations and decided to still keep an open mind about things and not dismiss the possibility of being able to be together but not also dismiss that we may not end up being together as more than just friends. I thought I was ok with that as I went home but today I'm just feeling my heart hurting so much from missing him. I talked to him Monday night on the phone but it just doesn't feel the same as being able to hug him and hold his hand and be near him. Could use some advice if possible on how to get over this heart breaking feeling.

Hi,
    I would suggest that you tell him these exact words. It's important that you let the other person know just how much they affect your life. You can say to him "Seeing you, holding you, just being near you has helped me realise how much I really care for you. I would love it if we could do this again or even take things further if you feel the same way too".

If you say nothing then he might think that the meeting didn't wow you or that it has put you off. Nothing can change if you don't take a brave leap and speak your mind!

On the other hand, if you don't want him anymore and you want to move on then you need to set your heart on someone/something else. Distract yourself and maybe find someone who is available to love and hold. Sometimes we don't get the things we want because it is all for a reason. It's hard to swallow this truth at first but it means better things are on the horizon. Trust me.

All the best & I wish you good luck, whatever happens!

Georgia

Comment

Tell him what you are exactly feeling and I'm sure it will definitely work well..

Comment

Working...
      X