Hello :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello :) :)

Hello all, my name is Chelsea and my wonderful boyfriend's name is Timothy. I live in Ohio and he resides in Illinois. I stumbled upon this lovely site late one night while looking for long distance relationship survival guides
    I found LFAD and so far I like it

Anywhos, how about a little background information on how Tim and I came to be

We met on Facebook on August 11th, 2009. We were talking strictly online for about a month, and I was surprised I could actually hold a conversation with this guy. I was on Socialme (aka...the not-so-family-friendly side of Facebook, so being able to talk to a guy, without him wanting anything..yeah rare indeed) But anyways we would stay up late and just talk about anything.

Soon, I had to leave the computer for a week(family trip to Wisconsin). I gave him my number. "I'll be without a computer for a week, so..uh I don't usually do this, but here's my number #. I have unlimited texting, so text if you dare "

Tim's response: "I also have unlimited texting, and I dare ;p"

We talked during the entire (10 hour) drive up there, the duration of the trip, and back. Then after the trip we rarely turned to the internet for communication. It was strictly texting. Then, I lost his number.

More correctly speaking my "friends" who thought they were "protecting me" deleted his number. So no more Tim.... bummer. Near the end of August I got a text that said something like this.."Just woke up from passing out in the bathroom, I've been hanging over the toilet for hours..ugh"

My Response: "Uh..who is this???"
    Tim's Response: "Tim"

We had been reunited. He was suffering from the consequences of his 21st birthday party

Come September, we had been texting regularly and I came to the conclusion I was becoming too dependent on him. I decided that we should take a break from texting each other. We weren't going to text from Friday-Sun one weekend. He was to text me at 12:00 pm the following Monday. He didn't text. And the next day..still no texts. His phone transformed into "Phail Phone! The Inphuriator.." According to him, us not texting broke his phone

Flash forward to October. We had been texting everyday, multiple hours a day..seriously we could very easily text the entire day and not even realize it. Well one night he decided that he wanted to call me. I was a little taken aback. "Uhh..I don't know wouldn't that be kinda weird..plus I've been crying so I don't even sound like myself.."

Tim's response: "I like you. Its not that weird."

He called. Our first phone conversation lasted about 3 hours, and his phone died on us. He sent me this message on Facebook: "So its Thursday, 12:57 am your time and my phone just died in the middle of talking to you. I'd text you and tell you this but obviously I cant do that. So have a goodnight beautiful, you already made mine great." Since then we called on the evenings we were both available.

Once the calling started everything started to feel different. There was just this really nice feeling I got whenever I talked to him. He made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I apparently would light up whenever I received his texts. However, we were both pursuing different love interests. We would discuss our separate relationship problems. I was kind of pursuing a shy guy at my church, "church guy". He was after a "drama queen who was in a terrible relationship with a man she loved". We would give each other advice, and I knew there was no chance of our relationship going further. We both had separate love interests and weren't afraid to tell each other. We would just remain really good friends, who talked everyday. A boy and a girl. I can have a best friend who's a guy. We can do this...I'm fine with this right?

I wasn't fine with it. In November I came to a startling realization...I remember starting to cry one night while I was texting him. I told him I was crying.

Tim's Response: "What? What's wrong? No crying "
    My Response: "No worries. I'm crying happy tears, this is a good thing :')"

I realized that I was in love with him.

The beginning of December arrived, and something unexpected happened. On December 4th, 2009 our texting took a very different turn.

Tim: "I catch myself actually smiling when I talk to you. I don't usually do that, even if I AM happy. There are times I think I feel a certain way about you...but I know how dangerous it is to think that."

Me: "I think I might know what you're trying to say.."

Tim: "Its just such an important word. But still..I want you to know because I said it, not just because you assume the obvious...I love you."

And we've very happy together for 9 months and 19 days

I love you Timothy Harden
    I don't wanna miss one smile
    I don't wanna miss one kiss
    Well, I just wanna be with you
    Right here with you, just like this
    I just wanna hold you close
    Feel your heart so close to mine
    And stay here in this moment
    For all the rest of time
    -- Aerosmith

lol, to all of you that read all that I have been waiting over an hour for her to post it so I could introduce myself in the same thread. I'm Timothy Harden and I'd like to tell you all how I met Chelsea *deep breath* just kidding

Comment

My bf's name is Tim too haha
      Wonderful story
      And welcome to the LFAD community :]

Comment

Lol, thanks. Glad to be here
        For all the rest of time
        -- Aerosmith

Comment

Seconded (:

Comment

Welcome! Nice to meet you both. I love sweet stories.

Comment

Nice to meet you both, I loved the story, reminds me of my story, except it took 12 years!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
              And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Aww, so sweet that you're both here! Welcome!

Comment

Oh yeah, gotta love the 'protective friends who are just worried about you.' Fuck whatever, I say to that. XD

Welcome to the forums! I hope you have a great time around here.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Originally posted by Cbrez View Post
                    Hello all, my name is Chelsea and my wonderful boyfriend's name is Timothy. I live in Ohio and he resides in Illinois. I stumbled upon this lovely site late one night while looking for long distance relationship survival guides
                    I found LFAD and so far I like it
                    Originally posted by tharden0825 View Post
                    lol, to all of you that read all that I have been waiting over an hour for her to post it so I could introduce myself in the same thread. I'm Timothy Harden and I'd like to tell you all how I met Chelsea *deep breath* just kidding
                    Hello to both of you and welcome to LFAD! I've known you for 15 seconds and I already like you!

Comment

Hi guys!

I love it when a couple joins LFAD together

Welcome
                      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes
                        I'm very happy to have found a site like this, (I'm sure Tim is too )
                        For all the rest of time
                        -- Aerosmith

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Chelsea and Timothy! Glad to have you both here!!

Comment

Welcome to the two of you!!! Very nice to meet you both!
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

First and foremost that was a wonderful story! And welcome to the community!

Comment

Working...
                              X