Coronavirus Stories. Post yours here. Support and encourage each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus Stories. Post yours here. Support and encourage each other

I thought it would help all of us to get through this "crisis" by sharing our worries, stories, and (if you have any) joys.

If your LDR is being impacted by the Coronavirus, please tell us about it.

I will start out.

I posted some about it the other day.

My SO went to the Philippines because her mother had major surgery. Her mother was supposed to get out of the hospital last week, but all hospitals there are under mandatory quarantine.

I am really worried about my SO. She is at her mother's house alone and needs to buy a supply of food in case of a complete lockdown, but is running low on money since she would have been coming back this or next week. Fortunately, her mother has other family there. I have been in email contact with her uncle who promised they would help if needed.

My SO is a med student in NY and spends most of his time in a hospital. The first case was confirmed in his city on Monday so I am hoping and praying that he remains safe in all of this. We have a visit scheduled in NJ during the 1st week of April.. I guess we will see how it goes.

He is being extremely optimistic through all of this.
    ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

I've been following this very closely since the first week of February. We started stocking up on food, water, and other necessities in prepartion of this coming to our state and have just been getting things gradually since then. It looks like we are running out of time so we are thinking of what else we'll need. It's scary and I hope it doesn't get that bad here, but we should be okay if it does. What a crazy world.

I feel for those of you that are apart from your SOs right now.
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

I'm supposed to be flying from the UK to the USA next week for our first meeting. We have so many plans! I'm not feeling optimistic. We both have children that we are primary carers for, so finding a mutually beneficial time to be together has been beyond difficult.
        I'm at work having just spoken to him and I'm crying. Trying to remain positive, but realistically..........

Comment

Originally posted by kate04 View Post
          I'm supposed to be flying from the UK to the USA next week for our first meeting. We have so many plans! I'm not feeling optimistic. We both have children that we are primary carers for, so finding a mutually beneficial time to be together has been beyond difficult.
          I'm at work having just spoken to him and I'm crying. Trying to remain positive, but realistically..........
          The good news in your case is that America is still allowing British and Irish flights in. But the rest of Europe's flights are a no go to America.

Comment

It's not happening.
            My flight is still going ahead (so far) but schools have closed and all events cancelled and he has to look after his kids since there's no school.
            I can't hang around a hotel alone, waiting for when he has 30 mins free to throw me some crumbs of affection.
            I'm afraid I reacted badly and put the phone down on him. Think we're probably over now. He hasn't messaged me or called back, which isn't like him. I've lost my money (no point re-scheduling, it's taken us a year to get a mutually acceptable date!)
            I'm angry, sad, disappointed , heartbroken. I feel like this is a really, really bad dream.

Comment

Originally posted by kate04 View Post
              It's not happening.
              My flight is still going ahead (so far) but schools have closed and all events cancelled and he has to look after his kids since there's no school.
              I can't hang around a hotel alone, waiting for when he has 30 mins free to throw me some crumbs of affection.
              I'm afraid I reacted badly and put the phone down on him. Think we're probably over now. He hasn't messaged me or called back, which isn't like him. I've lost my money (no point re-scheduling, it's taken us a year to get a mutually acceptable date!)
              I'm angry, sad, disappointed , heartbroken. I feel like this is a really, really bad dream.
              I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how much harder it is with children both sides.
              We've been apart for just over a year, and it has put immense strain on us, to the point that he doesn't feel he can be with me anymore. So, I know how you feel there. For me, I don't see any purpose to my life if we can't be together.
              We broke up nearly a week ago, and we're still not right. Being apart feels wrong, but we're struggling to be together too. So, I don't know what the answer is.
              I'd love to fly and be with him, but he's unsure and I know my immune system is weak right now.

Comment

I just received an update from my job's HR. If we are to be out due to the virus, we have to use our own personal PTO and if we run out of that, then we will not be fired, but we will not be paid either. A lot of the employees here are only getting 40 PTO hours (this depends on the amount of time you have been working here) and they do not reset until January. This really bothers me because they have closed my daughters school for 2+ weeks and I will need to be home with her most of the time. I pray that I can find a sitter and I do not get sick.

Is it only me that thinks it is unfair to force employees to use their personal time for this? If I have to use all of my vacation time now, all of my plans for the rest of the year are gone... all holidays, visits with my SO, doctor appts, my daughters school functions... everything
                ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

My SO is in Denmark and I’m in England and I had a flight booked last night I had to cancel my flight due to not knowing what is gonna happen today there are rumours that the border will close today meaning I wouldn’t have been able to leave. I know that sounds like an amazing thing but I have school and I didn’t know how much I would miss and how it would effect my education in the long run. I have a flight booked next month and I’m worried the borders will still be up.
                  To all those affected by the coronavirus just know you are not alone and we will get through this together xxx

Comment

Hii, I see the forum about Coronavirus and well I have to talk about my problem to some people who can understand haha. So I'm French 18 years old girl and my boyfriend and me start dating from only 1 month but well it's kinf of strong between us. So like I said I'm French and he is Korean so it's complicated for seeing each other. I planned a trip in the middle of April but just getting canceled because of the terrible situation... So first metting is not for April so it's hard to handle but well we can wait but the problem is that because of the situation I can't plan my trip for now because we don't know how the situation going through... So that's a part of my story if someone else is in the same case I will be happy to speak with that person. And be strong and safe for all people who read this thankkks 💪😊

Comment

It is hard, hihi55. Very hard.

I started this thread, so you can read about my situation. My SOs mother had major surgery with a very long recovery. Her mother was to get out of the hospital last week but now the hospital is under quarantine. The internet there is very poor, so video chat doesn't work. We have to rely on texting and exchanging still pictures. And recently trying to send by email video clips with sound.

Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it being in a long distance relationship. Sometimes I have anguish and anxiety over the situation. But that is why I started this thread. To share each others anguish and give each other support.

My SO keeps telling me that it will all be worth it when this is over.

Comment

It will be worth it.
                        The US banned flights from the UK and Ireland yesterday. Luckily I didn’t cancel mine and we didn’t break up. We were both reacting (badly) from shock and disappointment.
                        We will reschedule. When? I don’t know. I can’t find any info on how long the flight ban is on for.
                        We had one of our best conversations ever yesterday, ironically about the worst case scenario nobody could predict!
                        I have to believe that good things can come from terrible situations. If we can all get through a pandemic, then we can get through most things right?
                        Much love to you all xxx

Comment

To Ohio him,
                          It's a great decision to start the thread, I see that your situation is complicated and I completely understand the feeling of anxiety you can have. I think that the more important in your case is that your SO make much effort for speak to you with all the way it can be possible so I think that you don't have to ask you if this LDR worth it because I think that we can't value love...

I hope that this situation will be short because I know it's hard for many people... You just have to believe in your relationship and wait. Hope all gonna be okay in your situation 🙂
                          Last edited by hihi55; March 15, 2020, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I had been taking comfort in the fact that I could still fly out, so when I heard the ban was expanded, it hurt me. Somehow it makes him feel even further away.

Comment

It hasn't affected our relationship directly in that we could drive to see each other if we wanted. However, my family was supposed to fly from all over the US next weekend to meet in NC for my sister's baby shower. It's not exactly cancelled because most of us have nonrefundable tickets, but our schools and workplaces have different rules and possibly mandatory quarantine if we travel, so I doubt it's going to happen unless something changes next week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X