No announcement yet.

Comfort eating and LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me it's alcohol though. When I am not with my SO, I don't drink alcohol at all, but when I am with him, I feel like it's OK to have a drink at a party sometimes.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I'm similar to Malaga. I eat a LOT more food when I'm with my SO. I feel like we're always snacking on something ^^
      It has gotten better the past few visits since I've learned to cook, so we don't eat out as much anymore. I already told my SO that when he visits me over Christmas, we need to eat a little healthier ^^

Ahava- I bet you are your own worst enemy when thinking that you've put on a lot of weight. We all are ^^
      I'm sure you look beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post

Ahava- I bet you are your own worst enemy when thinking that you've put on a lot of weight. We all are ^^
        I'm sure you look beautiful
        Awwwwww thank you
        I'm just a little scared that if I don't do something it will all get out of hand and I will get seriously fat lol.
        This may sound weird, but looking at pictures of Hillary Duff where she was a little more round after having her child etc made me feel better about myself.

Comment

We eat a lot whilst together because every time we meet is a celebration. I do tend to comfort eat when we are apart because I miss him and it distracts me.
          For he is mine and I am his.
          Nothing beautiful is ever perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
            I'm similar to Malaga. I eat a LOT more food when I'm with my SO. I feel like we're always snacking on something ^^
            It has gotten better the past few visits since I've learned to cook, so we don't eat out as much anymore. I already told my SO that when he visits me over Christmas, we need to eat a little healthier ^^

^^^ THIS!

When So and I are together I gain weight! He feeds me all sorts of sweet treats that I normally avoid when I am by myself because I know how easily I gain weight. It's worse when I am with his family because his mom has all these desserts and is always offering me a plate. I refuse sometimes but then everyone is eating and I just give in lol. In addition, I don't normally exercise when we are together, but while we are a part I spend much of my spare time running and hiking as it's how I cope with stress.

I have told him that he has to help me eat healthy and work out with me unless he wants an obese and unhealthy wife. He has agreed that he will do better and when we close the distance we will schedule workouts together.

I gained 7lbs last summer from 2 months with him and his family argghh!
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I started the "30 days ab challenge" again
              I did it earlier this year also, so I know I can do it.
              I'm hoping it will give me a boost into changing things round.
              I've been taking the stairs instead of the elevator these past days too.
              And yesterday I didn't eat any chocolate or candy! Or ice cream!

Comment

I definitely eat more and less healthy when I'm alone. My SO is a joy to prepare food for, since he has no allergies, has a good appetite and likes just about everything. It's fun for me to make foods for him and put the effort into making them tasty and healthy. He wants to lose a bit of weight and doesn't eat that healthy in the US, so whenever he's here, I really enjoy making him snacks that are good for him.

When I'm alone, however, I definitely indulge more and do some comfort eating. For me, though, that's actually a good thing, since I've had trouble eating enough for quite a few years now. I've developed a slight lactose intolerance, so I can only have very small portions of cheese and milk products every day. I also substitute with soy or almond milk stuff sometimes. Still, it made it hard for me to eat enough, so I lost weight. I'm happy I finally put on a few pounds again, I was pretty underweight before. Still, I look forward to being with my SO again, so I can cook nice things for us. It's just not the same when you're alone.

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

i have done the same thing. put on weight then i quit smoking and put on more weight. my so is extremely handsome and now i'm afraid he's going to be disappointed in the way i look. i have lost some weight but not enough. i have told him this and he says he doesn't care. i guess i should believe him but i'm so disappointed in myself. we plan to meet soon and i'm scared to death. i have back problems so exercise is not really an option. the nearest gym is 30 miles away because i live in such a rural area.

Comment

There are definitely more gentle workout options for people with back problems. Especially anything you can do lying on your back could be good. Google around a little.

And yes, if your partner says he doesn't care, you should try trusting him on that. That's easier said than done, but believe me, when you recognize that it's your own thought process that makes you so afraid, you can try working against it.

~
                    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                    The hands of the many must join as one
                    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
                    X