Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll stop the world and melt with you

Hey!

Been planing on this for along time (Since i joined here, i even posted the first part in a Blog then deleted it) This is how my SO and I came to be. It's pretty long and very shitty in parts but i wrote it the best i could. Please excuse any crappy grammar and spelling
    I wouldn't blame you if you didn't like me after reading this but it's the truth and we all know you can help who you fall for .

I'm 29, with 2 kids (Nick is 9yrs and Amber is 6yrs) I was with my Husband for 10 and a half years. We were married on June 12th 2008... and split Sept 2nd 2010. I hadn't been married long when I met G on Yoville ( a Sim like game on Facebook) and that's where our relationship started.
    We met in the “bar” on Yoville, he was already in there when I arrived making a nuisence of himself and I was laughing at him. I'd been drinking heavily the night before and was hungover so I need the giggle. He said “ Should I stay or should I go?” I immediately asked him to stay saying I was hungover and I needed someone to look after me. He said he wasn't asking but singing The Clash and asked if I needed coffee. We went to the coffee shop (Lol god were such nerds!) and started talking about music and football (we both hate Wayne Rooney) and told each other where we were from (He got quite excited that I was from the same city that 2 of his favourite bands come from) As the conversation progressed we got flirty and ended up back at my “place” and we talked each other off (cybered,got naughty,had sex whichever way you wanna word it.) It wasn't something I'd ever done before but I really wanted to do it again with him. There was just something about him. I asked if we could meet up again and he said yes he'd be around at roughly the same time tomorrow. We met up again the following day (twice actually, in the morning and late at night) He was able to wind me up so bad with just a few sentences and I did the same to him. We got hooked on eachother and met up pretty much everyday. Each time we did the conversation lasted longer and longer and we got to know each other pretty well and as a result I started having feelings for him. I told him I was married with kids pretty quickly after meeting him but it took him months to admit that he felt terrible about being the 'other' man and I felt pretty rotten about the situation too. I was cheating on my husband of a few weeks/partner of 8 years with a guy I met on facebook and hadn't actually seen a real picture of. It seemed insane at the time and it still seems all kinds of crazy now but that's how it started. I'd confessed to having a crush on G but he just laughed it off and tried to “put me off” by saying he looked like Ricky Gervais (who I hate!) and saying he did a lot of gross things like pick his nose. I said it wouldn't work and he just had to accept my crush. At the end of July I was going away for a week on holiday with my little family and I was dreading it. Spending time with the kids on the beach would be awesome but it would mean going a week without speaking to G. I was upset, he was upset but we came to an agreement that whenever we felt the erm “urge” we would think of each other . I asked him to send me a song that I could listen to while I was away and he sent me I Melt With You,a song by a group called Modern English. We added each other to MSN just in case and said our goodbyes expecting not to speak for a week. 2 days into the holiday and at least 50 plays of our song I was feeling pretty lost. Nick (my eldest) ate something that disagreed with him and ended up stuck at the apartment we rented. I went to the store to pick up some medicine and some beer for me (I would be staying in with Nick while my husband took our daughter out that evening).Whilst buying, the lady at the counter asked if I wanted a 24 hour internet pass.... needless to say I nearly bit her arm off!! The camp I was on had wi-fi that you could access with a code. I luckily had my laptop with me (to save any pictures id taken during the day) and the second my son was asleep and my husband was out, I opened a beer and my laptop and logged into msn. *Pop* I had received a message while I was offline from G.
    “I miss you
    I sat there grinning like an idiot, glad that he'd missed me too... then I noticed his profile picture was an ACTUAL real picture! He wasn't my usual type AT ALL but it didn't stop me wanting him INFACT I wanted him more now as I had a face to go with his personality. So, I sent him a message back (he wasn't online).
    “I miss you too....... is that you I'm looking at ?”
    Weird of me asking I know but I wanted to be sure it was him before I made any comment.
    G logged in about an hour later,what he said next was heartbreaking...

”Yes that's me, I'll understand if you don't want talk to me any more”

It took me a minute to compose myself, it hurt me that he felt so bad about himself.. I was quite an insecure person myself and knew how he was feeling.
    I don't remember what I said exactly but it was something like this..
    ”Why would your picture change how I feel? It doesn't change who you are. Has anybody told you you have really kissable lips? X”
    I changed my profile pic to one of me. I was soooo nervous I thought I was gonna be sick but that disappeared with his next 2 words..
    ”You're beautiful”
    We spent the next few hours talking about anything and everything.
    We shared pictures,stories and favourite songs and we laughed so hard. We started confiding in each other, sharing some past hurts and tragic events we'd been through and we both got pretty emotional. Surprised that we were telling each other things that we'd never told anyone else. It was just so easy to open up to one another, so natural. I felt a lump form in my throat when I heard a song playing from my laptop. So I sent him the track, and the lyrics.
    Nick Carters, Heart Without a Home. This is the chorus..
    If you're a heart without a home
    Rebel without a cause
    If you feel as though
    You're always stranded on the shore
    Like a thief in the night
    Let me steal your heart away
    Baby if a reasons what you're looking for
    I'll be yours.

I told him that's how I felt about him at that moment.
    He didn't say a word for a few minutes while he listened to the song.
    ”I think I'm gonna cry” he said finally, I told him that was all right because I already was!
    He asked me “What have you done to me!?! I don't cry!”
    I added “What have you done to me? I'm a mess”
    It was 4am in the morning, we'd been talking for over 6 hours. And it was at that moment it hit me.... I'd fallen in love with him and without hesitation I told him.
    “I think I love you”
    “Then the song you're listening to is perfect” he said as he could see what song was playing via my msn status. Love Will Keep You Up All Night, By Backstreet Boys. Here's the Chorus.
    Cause love will keep you up all night
    It's not something you can decide
    One day you're all alone
    The next you're crying on the phone
    Love will keep you up all night
    You got a taste of sweet divine
    It took you to the other side
    Love will keep you up all night.
    He asked me how much I'd had to drink? I said around 8 beers but I wasn't drunk! He lol'd and told me I should get some sleep and we could talk about it when I got home in a few days. We said our goodbyes and I went to sleep, never have I been so desperate for a holiday to end so I could get back home!

The last few days were agony, all I could think about was him. I even took photos of things purely to show him (I found a pinball machine with The Who on and I took a picture of a stunning view that I wished he had seen with me). When I finally got home I discovered our internet wasn't working. It was too late to call the company up to try and fix it so I went to bed upset that I had to wait an extra day to speak with G. First thing I did the following day was try and get the internet working again and was told it would take a week to rectify the problem as I'd just moved in and the original request hadn't been processed correctly so they had to start the process again. I was gutted! I'd already waited long enough and I was desperate to get back online. For the next few hours all I did was sulk then I began to worry. G knew when I was due home and maybe he would doubt what I said as I hadn't been in touch. What if he thought I regretted what I said and had disappeared. I grew figdity, and was desperately trying to figure out how to get a message to him. I called my sister and asked her to post on my message board on Yoville that I was having internet problems hoping that G would see it and know that I wasn't avoiding him.
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Later than evening I was on my laptop playing solitaire to try and pass the time when I had a pop up saying a wireless signal had been detected. My heart started pounding as I clicked it to find out what the connection was. One of my neighbours had an unsecured connection so I could use there internet but the signal was very weak. I unplugged the charger and started walking around the house hoping to pick up a stronger signal. I ended up in the study upstairs at the front of the house and I got a strong enough signal to log into msn. G was offline but I got a messages from him, saying he missed me , he hoped I had a good holiday and finally asking where I was. I sent a brief explanation of what was happening and said I'd be online as much as I could with my stolen internet. I left msn logged in while I checked my emails and FB, hoping that he'd be online soon but the signal dropped and I wasn't able to reconnect after several tries. I was relieved I'd been able to send a message but I desperately wanted to talk to him about what had happened.

I dropped my son at school the following morning and sat in the study again and managed to connect to my neighbours internet . G had sent me another message saying he'd talk to me sooner rather than later hopefully. I was typing up a reply when he came online, I was so happy and asked him why he was still awake as it was around 3 am in the morning his time. He said he waited up for me. We made small talk and I showed him the pictures I took and asked how he'd been while I was away and he asked me how the holiday went and if I was any closer to getting the internet back on properly.
    I brought up what happened while I was away and told him I meant what I said and it wasn't the beer talking. He said he cared for me a lot too and that he thought about me everyday. We got quite emotional again and then naughty (hehe) and he went to sleep.
    Over the next week we spoke when internet allowed and I added him onto my FB account to help us stay in touch. Once my internet was fully working we spoke for a few hours everyday and always got naughty but the had tone changed (sounds silly but bare with me) We became more loving with it, I can't really explain it. Instead of rushed and frantic it became more detailed, more personal. We decided we would only have a sexual relationship with each other (a half arsed relationship if you will as I was still with my husband.) We spent the next few months being an internet couple in secret. We spoke before he left for work and he stayed up to talk to me when he got home. He finally told me he loved me too, it just smacked him across the face during one of our late night talks.
    “This is real isn't it”
    “What do you mean?”
    “This is the real thing, us”
    yes, you only just figured that out? Lol”
    “I love you Jennie”
    “I love you too”... I was a bit teary as he hadn't said it.

We were so happy but it didn't last, we started to get suspicious of each other. Woman were leaving him messages on his message board saying “thank you for last night, see you again soon xx” and I got jealous and went out and did something stupid. I cheated, more than once. We started fighting and every time we did I cheated. Men starting leaving similar messages on my board which made him suspicious. He asked a friend of his to join up on the same game with the intention of catching me.... and I fell for it.
    We had a huge fight, he admitted that just after I admitted that I loved him he got scared and did something he wasn't proud of and he felt bad for but it only happened once and it was before we went exclusive. I admitted to the 2 guys he suspected (including his friend) but denied anything else ( there was another 2 guys I fooled around with). We broke up and he deleted me from everything. I apologised so many times but he refused to listen.
    “Once a cheat, always a cheat” and “I knew I shouldn't have trusted you, you were married for gods sake!”.
    I was heartbroken, I emailed him often (sober and drunk) begging him to talk to me but he only replied to tell me to leave him alone. It was around 2 months before he spoke to me again, (November by then).Casual emails during the day to start off with then I added him to Facebook again. I split from my husband briefly in December and me and G became close again, no official relationship but we started being intimate again but I took my husband back and G and I had another argument. He deserved better than being the other guy, a back up when things weren't working out at home. I agreed. Things went cold for us for the next month. I focused on sorting my marriage out and he got on with work. Mid January he posted a message on my wall saying he was thinking of me and apologising for not being around. We started again as friends, he said in order for him to trust me again he needed to know exactly what had happened before we split. I lied and said I'd already told him everything. I didn't want to hurt him any more and honestly I was ashamed and felt so guilty about it. We took it slowly and spoke a few times a week. Over the months that followed we crossed the line between friends and lovers several times, we still told each other I love you. We also had a lot of fights, sometimes we wouldn't speak for a day or so and sometimes it would be weeks but we always came back to each other. In the spring of 2010, we had a massive argument about when I cheated. He caught me out and I admitted to everything and he got very upset and angry with me. It hurt him that he gave me the chance to be 100% honest with no repercussions and I still lied to him., he said he didn't want to speak to me again and he wanted me to leave him alone.
    I took it very badly, I messaged him every other day begging him to talk to me, saying sorry and just pleading with him to let me know he was OK but I got nothing. Weeks turned to months and I messaged him less and less eventually only messaging him when I was drunk. I finally accepted that I'd lost my best friend. I thought about him and missed him everyday. I focused on sorting out my marriage and cut all ties with the game we played and everybody on it.
    6 months later, I got an email from him.
    “I miss you”
    I cried! I was soo happy that he was OK and that he missed me. I emailed him back straight away.
    “I miss you too”
    Last edited by leonsfangirl; March 25, 2012, 04:33 AM.

Comment

We started casually emailing each other again, how we were, what had happened in the past six months. We decided to be friends, we admitted we still cared for each other but I was married and it wasn't right. We got close again, became best friends again. We started talking daily for hours like we used to. Added back on Facebook and msn. We had a few minor arguments but instead of him running (deleting and blocking me) we took a day or so and talked it over. Our love grew and blossomed and looking back the fights were out of frustration at the situation. We crossed the line between lovers and friends again and each time we both felt guilty but we couldn't help ourselves.
      Our love grew stronger, he was the first person I wanted to tell all the good things to. The person I wanted when times got tough and he felt the same. He loved me and I loved him but neither of us knew what to do about it. We lived over 4,000 miles away from each other and I was still married.
      He hit a rough patch and I did everything I could to cheer him up, he got pretty depressed and said that his phone never rang and no one would notice if he wasn't here. I said I'd notice and if he wanted I'd call him when ever he wanted. A week or so passed and I got a message on facebook in the afternoon asking if I meant what I said about calling him and would it cost a lot of money if I did. I said I meant what I said and it would be a free call with the package I was on. A few minutes later he sent me his number. I felt so sick with nerves as I dialled the number.
      “What if he couldn't understand my accent?”
      “What if he didn't like how I sounded?”
      My hand was shaking as the phone rang and when he said Hello my heart started pounding in my chest. I blurted out “Is now a good time?” really fast.. he giggled and said it was fine. We made small talk for a bit and talked about how strange it was to hear each others voices (we had sent the odd voice clip on msn before). We'd known each other for 2 years at this point and knew each other better than anyone else so to have this added some more depth to “us”.
      I asked if I sounded like he thought I would, he said no. He barely picked up on my Brummie accent and he thought my voice was husky and sexy (blush!) I called him a liar and he promised me that was the truth. He then turned the question back on me. I said yes and no and he asked me to explain. I said I thought his voice would sound a little deeper and his accent a little stronger but somehow he sounded how he should. What I knew of him came across in his voice. Again he asked me to explain. I said he voice sounded kind yet strong and caring. G went quiet for a minute or so and I asked if he was OK. He said yeah he just wasn't expecting that kind of answer and it made him blush. I laughed and said now you know how I feel (He often made me blush and left me speechless). We talked for about 3 hours then he had to go and get ready for work. We agreed to talk again on the phone soon and said our goodbyes more than once and it became apparent that neither of us wanted to hang up and when we finally did, I felt so sad, so alone. Seems stupid as I knew I'd get to speak to him again soon but that's how I felt. Over the next few days we spoke a lot more over msn and arranged to speak again on the phone after his first day shift.
      My husband at this point hated G, and I can't blame him. He knew something was going on (he hacked my facebook and saw some private messages between us but nothing concrete).We had been drifting apart for along time now and were together out of habit instead of any actual feelings of love. When I said I was calling G he got pretty pissy but I said I wouldn't be long I just wanted to find out how his first day at his new job went. I took the phone into the bedroom as I didn't feel comfortable talking in front of my husband. We talked for about 2 hours when my husband interupted and asked if I wanted to watch a movie, I said no he should go ahead and watch it. When the movie ended he came back and asked how much longer I was going to be and I just waved him off. It was close to midnight (I'd been on the phone around 4 hours) when my husband came into the bedroom again and said he was going to sleep, I told G to hang on a sec. I said goodnight to my husband and got up to leave the room and continue my conversation. My husband flipped and demanded I hang up, I said no I hadn't finished yet and went out the bedroom into the hallway to go down the stairs. My husband stormed past me and I knew exactly what he was going to do. I told G that the phone was going to disconnect and I'll talk to him soon, he managed to say OK then the line went dead. My husband stomped back upstairs with the phones wires and the modem in his hands. He shouted that he'd had enough and slammed the bedroom door. I went downstairs and slept on the sofa, I was upset but not at the end of my marriage but at the fact I didn't have G to talk to. I managed to use the internet on my mobile phone to send a facebook message to G telling him what had happened and that my marriage was over. He apologised a lot and said he didn't mean for this to happen and that he felt terrible. I assured him it wasn't his fault and that this had been a long time coming. Over the coming month he was my support while I arranged somewhere to live (I couldn't stay in the marital home) and started the new chapter of my life.
      I moved into a new home with the children a month after the split. Again I had to wait ages for the internet to get connected but I couldn't stand being cut off from G so I bought a wireless dongle which was useless but it was better than nothing. Once word got around that the split between my husband and I was permanent. A few guys that I'd been friends with a long time started to hit on me and flirt with me openly on Facebook. I hated it and so did G, he hated that they treated me like a piece of meat and not a person. I tried to make it clear that I wasn't interested but nothing seemed to work. During one of our long msn chats I said I was thinking of changing my relationship status to “In a relationship” with the hope that they would leave me alone but then I would have to invent a boyfriend and they'd catch me out. He said I could use him and he would play it up to whoever I wanted and our fake relationship was born. Over the next week or so we played it up on facebook by flirting with each other and laughed about it in private.
      “It's my job to worry about you, we are facebook official after all”
      I told him that I liked the “look” of us being in a relationship and he agreed but we didn't say anything more. Unfortunately, my plan hadn't worked and the guys carried on hassling me. As G was in Canada they didn't think our relationship was going to last and said he was probably cheating and all sorts of crap. G and I got into a fight over the constant attention I was receiving. He hated seeing guys treat me so badly and me not seemingly do anything about it. I explained it was difficult as 2 of the guys were my best friends brother and the other was her husband. I didn't want to risk my friendship with her because of them. G said he couldn't take it any more and I could do whatever I wanted. I said I had zero interest in being with them and didn't want there attention.
      “Then what do you want?” G asked and I thought about it for a minute and said
      “You, I want you. Always have” I didn't get a reply so I asked him“What do you want?”
      “You” he replied.
      We decided that our fake relationship should be a real and proper relationship. That we would be together properly for the first time since we met. No secrets, no lies, no one else,just us.

That was October 2010, we've had a few bumps since then but we've overcome them all and fell deeper and deeper in love. We met for the first time in September 2011 and spent a wonderful week together. We announced our engagement on our 1 year anniversary with plans to marry in Canada as soon as we could. He'll be visiting me in May for 2 weeks and we couldn't be more excited.
      We've come so far in the last 4 years and I truly believe that we will spend the rest of our lives together. That there is nothing we can't overcome, we have love, we have time and we have each other and we have to desire to see this through. I honestly think that we needed to go through all the hard times to learn how to be strong together. We have such a strong bond that even the ocean can't come between us.

I hope that this story gives hope to some of you that you can survive anything if the love is there, and for us I know the love is there.

Comment

Wow your love story seems to overcome all. I couldn't stop reading. I won't comment on you being married while your relationship started since I've never been married. I can imagine its hard to leave someone you've been with so long and you have kids with regardless of the reasons to leave. I think its great that you have found your best friend now, that you believe in a relationship that will last forever and that you were honest with him even if a bit later than he would have hoped. Congratulations on your engagement and remember to stay honest. Best of luck!

Comment

Thank you for your kind words.
          I think the love my SO gave me, gave me the strength to let the marriage go. I'd had my doubts about the relationship before i met my SO.. even before i got married but i felt i should do what was expected of me as we had children. I'm just glad my SO stuck with me through it all.

Comment

Working...
          X